“Cold beer and great nacho's”
Review of Melrose Cafe & Bar - CLOSED

Melrose Cafe & Bar
Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Cuisines: Chinese, Canadian, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mont royal
Description: Melrose Cafe and Bar has 2 locations in Calgary - the original on 17th Ave which opened its doors to the community over 20 years ago and morphed into a Calgary staple as "The Heart of the Red Mile" and the new location inside of the revolutionary Cowboys Casino.
Reviewed 31 October 2014

Visited Melrose before a Flames game. Had to wait a bit for a seat, but it was worth it. Nacho's we had for an appy were great. Rest of the food was good too, and the beer was cold. All in all a good experience.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I've never worked anywhere where they were so perticular about customer satisfaction. I've also never worked anywhere where they have put so much heart in the detail into the place. Every meal was scrumbticous. The Leong Family is wonderful and I'm so glad I've had a chance to work for such wonderful people that take so much pride in their patrons. I'm utterly shocked on their closure. I wish the best for the family for all the success they deserve.

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Seems owners shut it down on Sunday

No. Explanation, other than "it was time"

Hmm 100 characters

Qwertyuioppsdjppll
Zxbn
Query opp
Add dhl

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Every time I've eaten here, the food has always been good. The last visit was during the blizzard so there were only a handful of tables occupied. We were seated promptly into a booth.

The menu has the standard selection of sandwiches/burgers, salads, and pizzas. I decided on the BBQ chicken on flatbread pizza for about $15. The pizza arrived on a wooden pizza paddle. The pizza was delicious with the BBQ sauce, chicken, and red onions. There was 8 pieces so enough to share or take home for leftovers.

There's a Christmas tree in the middle of the restaurant and our server explained it was the tree of giving and if people brought in a gift (I can't recall who it would be distributed to), they were entered to win a prize. I thought this was a great idea for a restaurant to support the community!

Service was great throughout as we had our waters refilled and the manager checked on how we were enjoying our meal. Great food and service will have me coming back again.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

This was a disappointing visit. The host/waiter was far from the brightest bulb. Thankfully he only took our drink order which he managed to get wrong. Our waitress was nice... Not attentive however. She perked up toward the ed when we paid.... lovely. My order was not even the right item, and an apology was given but not offer to make it up to us. A drunk guy who had punched someone in the bar was conveniently placed w security and later the police next to my table.... Ofcourse. Overall unpleasant but the absolute best mojito I have ever had. Must try it sometime if your don't care about the rest if your evening.