“Cute”

Cuisines: Cafe
Neighbourhood: Hillurst
Neighbourhood: Hillurst
Reviewed 9 April 2016

Good coffee, good snacks, great atmosphere and excellent for people watching if you can get a window seat.

Reviewed 28 February 2016

I come back time and time again for their London Fog. Great atmosphere, although can be hard to find a table at times. Super popular place. I've had a few meals here too, and found the food to be alright. A great place to meet friends for a coffee and people watch.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

Ordered a macchiato during a quiet period on a Saturday morning. Specifically asked if they make traditional macchiatos (a proper/traditional macchiato is just a dollop of foam) and the cashier said yes.

I confirmed my order of a traditional macchiato and when my order was up it was 8oz of steamed milk with an espresso shot and called out as a "macchiato", so she knew what she was making just not how to make it.

Very disappointed that the baristas at this local hot spot don't know how to make a very basic espresso based beverage.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

Although they don't always have it, I often drop by just to see if they have apple pie. It's even better than my two other local favourites (Crave does fantastic pie, and Pie Cloud is pretty good too). If you love a good pastry crust and a flavourful, not-too-sweet filling, you've got to try this pie.
Their ginger cream cookies are also the best I've had, but only when they are fresh. Unfortunately, they keep them out long past the point of inedible staleness. (Maybe making smaller batches would help?)

Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

When I want a coffee house experience with good coffee AND good food AND good atmosphere I tend to avoid franchises for my coffee. HigherGround consistently delivers an enjoyable experience of all three. Parking is generally pay parking but it is hard to find as good an overall experience elsewhere. If you are not calorie conscious and want to have dessert in a mug try the Rolo Coffee. If you want just a good cup o' joe or pot of tea this place will please most folks. I keep going and trying different items and have yet to say "I won't try that again"