All reviews shared bathroom bed and breakfast dog molly pedestal sink each guest calgary area minute walk glen accommodation grey
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Thank you Glen for the wonderful hospitality, friendliness & wonderful company! You made us feel at home. Great breakfast, great company. Hope you enjoyed Ireland. Definitely will recommend this place to everyone I know.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2016

My husband and I came to stay in Calgary for a week-long vacation. We stayed during Festival weekend, and many things we had wanted to see were quite crowded. Glen, the host at Tuxedo House had many suggestions, both for food and of things to do, that kept us seeing interesting sites but avoiding the crowds at Banff and Lake Louise.
Breakfast each morning was divine and Molly, the Australian Shepherd, was quite an entertainer. Glen would draw us a map almost every morning with a route to places to visit. He had an extensive knowledge of the area.
We stayed in the room downstairs, which had a little balcony and a second room with a desk. We also liked the Windsor room upstairs--very Victorian yet roomy. We would highly recommend this B&B for the comfort of the rooms, the convenience of the location, and the humor and support provided by Glen.

Tidbits: Parking on the street with authorization pass. Always a spot available
Nearby restaurants: All very good: Calypso, Nascam (Indian) and Emerald Garden
Frig: small one upstairs for use by the guests.

Room Tip: Windsor the largest, downstairs room has a study--both excellentt
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terzah H
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Myself and my friends stayed here as. Layover for a flight. My only regret is that I couldn't stay longer!!
Glen is a delightful host, very entertaining and full of local knowledge and anecdotes and with a very obvious passion for the city. His house is immaculate, very well presented and extremely comfortable. His amazing garden was the ideal place to relax in the evening sun with a cold beer. If I ever find myself in Calgary again, I will most definitely stay with Glen!!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2016

This is a great little B&B! The location is on a quiet residential street, a short drive from the downtown (also walkable although slightly longer). The rooms are beautifully decorated with comfortable beds, ample luggage storage, and a vanity sink in each bedroom. The shared bathroom has a separate shower and large jacuzzi tub which both of us took advantage of! The separate sitting area just for guests was a welcome addition.

Glen is attentive to guests' needs and flexible in meeting our dietary choices. Breakfast was very good with especially delicious homemade jams!

We highly recommend Tuxedo House for staying in Calgary!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sydney C
Reviewed 29 February 2016

I've stayed in this excellent BnB several times now. I recommend it highly. Having grown up in the Calgary area, I am very familiar with the city. This bed and breakfast is perfect in terms of customer service, location and convenience. Half a block from Centre Street, you are close to the city centre and only 15 - 20 minutes from the airport. Glen is a gracious and thoughtful host. The house is beautifully decorated and elegantly Victorian, filled with homey comforts. Within 2 blocks you'll find a bank, a gas station, several good ethnic restaurants, a bookstore, and an Italian Centre (Lina's) with a coffee bar/restaurant. Do yourself a favour - you won't regret it!

Room Tip: 3 rooms - all very nice with adjoining sitting room and access to a bathroom with shower and tub.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business