All reviews full kitchen living room fridge freezer c train convenience store across the street apartment building an extended stay guest laundry longer stay top floor air conditioning within walking distance front desk staff were friendly small kitchen definitely stay here again eau claire comfortable stay
Reviewed 29 August 2018

As many mentioned, the location is convenient. You can walk to cafes and restaurants as well as Prince Island Park.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom king suite and the room did not resemble the photos online. The configuration was completely different - no kitchen table next to a window and no large kitchen overlooking the living room. It was much smaller, dark and cramped than we anticipated. While the kitchen was nice - with microwave and dishwasher, the bathroom was very small. The shower worked well - great water pressure.

When we first arrived we had to wait 15 minutes at the front desk as there were no staff members anywhere. The lobby looks casual and worn - don't expect a modern-looking or fancy concierge. The staff member who checked us in returned hurriedly and apologized - he was very nice and had been helping other hotel guests. This seems to be a management issue - the front desk is clearly understaffed if only one employee is there for the entire hotel. Multiple times we passed a long lineup for check-in.

Having to pay $15 a day for parking despite having booked multiple days at the hotel was disappointing - would be nice if there was some discount as an incentive to stay longer.

Breakfast left alot to be desired, probably because they do not have a restaurant in the hotel. Though they boast alot of variety, none of it tastes very good, and the pancakes, french toast and eggs didn't really resemble those items. They did have a good selection of quality yogurt, tea, and cereal.

Unfortunately we did not sleep well as we could hear our neighbors next door. We didn't complain because the neighbors were only laughing and talking - which isn't prohibited. The problem was how thin the bedroom walls were. We could hear every word and every chuckle. There is an air conditioner in the living room so I went and slept on the pullout couch so I could have some white noise. And the pullout couch was TERRIBLE. I might as well have lay down on a bed full of hard metal springs. With a dip in the middle. Very sad to pay for a king bed and then have to sleep on an uncomfortable pull-out couch. The third night we hooked up a portable air conditioner we found in the closet for some white noise and this, with ear plugs, seemed to help.

Overall I would not stay here again. Feels a bit sloppy, low quality, and tired.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We stayed with our 1 year old daughter and the hotel was amazing. Right from check in they were exceptional, friendly and very helpful. The rooms are a full suite, so it's almost like having an apartment which is so helpful with a little one. The full kitchen is great and there's lots of space for everyone with the living room and bedroom. One of the best parts is that it is walking distance to everything downtown. I would highly recommend if you need an apartment style hotel for a longer stay OR if you are doing a trip with kids! The staff, especially housekeeping, were incredible!!

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Natasha S
Reviewed 27 August 2018

The location was convenient, within walking distance to Eau Claire and some of the building downtown I had to do business in. The suites were roomy and the room was clean. The only downside was how small the bathrooms were, considering the size of the rest of the suites, I found that odd. Worked out because I was alone but with family, it would have been tricky. It was nice to have the continental breakfast, they plenty of options but there is not a lot of seating space to accommodate the number of people who were there.

There was some construction going on in the front of the building but it was not noisy late at night or too early in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Conveniently located, ample living, kitchen and bedroom areas although suggest dumping coffee machine. Bathroom tiny. All clean and well serviced. Front reception obliging. Laundry available, car parking on lot at $15 per day. Breakfast adequate, eating area fills quick but be patient. In window AC adequate

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018

I booked a stay over the phone with this hotel. Everything during my stay was great. I did have reason to call the hotel after the fact when I checked my visa bill and saw two different charges on two days.

Having not been informed there would be a deposit charge I called to check with the front desk if that was what it was, or if it was an error. When it was confirmed it was a reservation charge I mentioned to the man on the phone that usually hotels let you know that there will be a refundable deposit charge when you check in and that way there wouldn't have been this confusion.

His response to this was to tell me that everyone knows there is a deposit charge so they don't need to tell me.

I actually travel a fair amount and not every hotel charges your card- they simply have it on file. The hotels that do charge your card have always informed me of that fact and some actually have me sign a form saying I understood what was happening. I told him this and he again rudely responded that if I traveled so much I would know about how every hotel takes a deposit.

I honestly thought it was a great hotel, but really why argue with me when I suggest you inform your paying guests about the deposit when they arrive? I have had issues in the past with other hotels double charging me which is why I check my bill. If I knew, I wouldn't have to call.

It's little things like this that make people frustrated- there is no need to be rude to me or act like I'm stupid for asking a question about a charge the front desk person most likely forgot to inform me of. Just apologize and get on with it.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business