All reviews stampede grounds b and b black squirrels downtown calgary wonderful hosts walking distance other guests breakfast was excellent enjoyed our stay every morning three nights stay there again clean rooms good size helmut englewood bow
Reviewed 9 May 2018

I booked well ahead of time for a business trip, but had car trouble and was going to be arriving later than expected. After calling and leaving a message that I would be late, I headed out. On my way down I received a call back telling me that the car trouble was "not their problem" and cancelled my reservation. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
10006, Owner at Inglewood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Hello Michael, thanks for expressing your opinion. Responding to your comments, it needs to be mentioned that you first informed us that you would be arriving late between 10 pm and 12 am midnight, which we agreed to. Then, in another message we were informed that your arrival would be between 1 am and 2 am, because of car trouble. We try hard to accommodate our guests with reasonable requests, but found that a 2 am arrival is not reasonable. Furthermore, based on this late arrival message, we suggested for you to get a hotel, as we operate a bed and breakfast - not a hotel.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I spent 8 days at this B and B because it was both convenient to friends living nearby, well priced and a great location for exploring Calgary. It was walking distance to the Stampede grounds, Calgary Fort and beside the river Bow for Calgary Autumn leaves. The Calgary transit system is easy to manage and the bus stops for the bus 1 and 305 are one block away. The B and B provides a fridge for guests and there is an efficient and plentiful deli nearby so it is very easy to cater for other meals. The hosts ( Valinda and Helmut) were extremely helpful to a newcomer to the area. There is a computer with wifi available to guests. In particular they helped me print my boarding pass when I was leaving Calgary. At breakfast time the conversations with the other guests was entertaining and informative and the hosts were quick to meet and greet me every time I came and returned to the house. It was nice for someone to put on the kettle on and hot drinks were available 24 hours. The room was bright and cheerful, had good quality furnishings and very spacious with a view of the river ( and black squirrels). It was interesting that the air is very dry in Calgary, so my washing quickly dried and I could have brought less in the suitcase! A good base for travelling in this area.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the river. Rooms with a living area are available ( a wedding party was expected on the day I left)
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Julia-art-lover
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Over the years I have stayed in many B&B's across the world but rarely have I come across two hosts as friendly and welcoming as Valinda & Helmut (always nice to meet a fellow Austrian on one's travels). Tasty breakfasts, lovely and clean rooms in a very nice and quiet neighbourhood just along the river, I felt right at home and was sorry that I had to trade my comfy bed for an air mattress & tent when I left to continue my tour around Alberta. To join my hiking group I had to re-locate to a hotel in downtown Calgary, Helmut was so kind and even drove me into town and dropped me off at the hotel. It was much appreciated!!
Did I mention this lovely B&B is just a stone throw away from the Stampeded grounds?! Easy walking distance and felt save as a single female traveller walking back from the Stampede at night.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank BarbaraVienna2016
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We stayed in this bed and breakfast recently and found it ideal -- good location, attractive and comfortable rooms, tasty breakfast, and very cordial and helpful owners. We stayed in room #1 with a nice sitting area. We highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We were in room #1 on the second floor, with a nice sitting area adjoining the bedroom.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nina R
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Last week, I was in Calgary with a friend, who highly recommended I stay at Inglewood Bed and Breakfast. It is a lovely house, beside river and woodland, and the proprietors, Valinda and Helmut, are a lively and friendly couple, who took the greatest care of us. Breakfasts were fresh, delicious and always on time. I highly recommend this B & B to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends