Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South
Ranked #97 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
“Hallways stunk”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

I thought Travelodge was a cut above this . Obviously when they get older the beds are changed last. The room looked nice but I would stay at a Motel 6 next time. At least I won't be sursprized. Every Motel 6 I've stayed at had a better bed and felt cleaner than this Travelodge.
The $50.00 preauthorized CC still bothers me and they don't tell you that when you book on Hotwire. It makes me wonder is Hotwire rating system needs adjustment.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Randy L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

We arrived at 2am after our flight to Calgary was delayed and a 30 minute wait for the shuttle to arrive and pick us up. When arrived at the hotel we were advised that only smoking rooms were available although we had booked a non-smoking room. We were exhausted and our kids needed to get to bed so we took the room (really, what choice did we have at this point?). For the trouble we were offered 4 vouchers for a free breakfast. Upon arrival in the room (after a long walk in a dirty, smelly hallway) we found our room. The television didn't work, the air conditioner made some God awful sound so we had to leave it off, there were holes in the walls and bathroom door that had been patched (very poorly I might add) and (as we discovered in the morning) the toilet was dirty and the bathroom walls appeared to have urine streaked all over. Needless to say we wasted no time getting out of there. We returned the breakfast vouchers because we could not imagine what state the restaurant may be in after seeing what our room was like.

I have lodged a complaint with their customer care department because my complaint at the hotel was virtually dismissed.

I have stayed at Travelodge's before and never have I had an experience such as this. I rarely make complaints such as this but I was so disgusted by the state of our room that I could not remain quiet.

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank jennifer r
gmcalgary, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Hello Traveler,

Thanks to your feedback, I was able to inspect to room you stayed in with our Maintenance Manager and the head Housekeeping Manager.

One think that we are doing is a program called PM (preventive maintenance) to all of our rooms, unfortunately the room you stayed in as has not been renovated yet and since it is a smoking room it will have a bad smell for non smokers, also the urine stain you have complained is not urine, it was a glue stain.

I apologize that we were not able to accommodate your non- smoking request.

What I would like to share with you and the readers is that in 2011 we have done constant renovations to the building and rooms. Our front entrance is completely redone.
We have completely renovated our swimming pool, we have new elevators shaft. We have changed the carpet on three floors and the lightening as well. Most of our rooms have new flat screen TVs and within next 20 days all rooms will have the flat screen TVs, also our main function room has been upgraded.

Again, I thank you for your feedback
New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

Stayed here to be close to the airport... but had to take a longer route due to construction. A/C not working. Cheap place to stay.... glad it was only 1 night.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
gmcalgary, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
Hello Dear Traveler,

I would like to thank you for providing us with important feedback so we can continue to improve our guest service and guest satisfaction.

Calgary Travelodge Airport
Management
Medicine Hat, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel mainly because we had an early morning departure from the airport. Our room was very basic, but really small. The queen size bed took up the majority of the room. The location of the hotel is good as there are plenty of restaurants and shopping venues nearby. It is easy to get to the airport as Barlow Trail is only a block away. I have stayed at better hotels for a lot less money than the Travelodge.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PMedKing
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

I was travelling with a group of friends. Half of us got there in the morning and the other half got there in the afternoon, yet they still came to pick us up at the airport seperately- which was very nice. The girl who came and picked us up, was lovely, bubbly and helpful. When we got to our rooms, they had alloacted a room for only 2 while we had booked one for 4. So we just went back down to reception and they changed it within minutes. There isn't much to do in Calgary, we only stayed here because we wanted to set off to the Rocky Mountains early in the morning. A short walk from the hotel (across the main road) we ate at a restaurant (not Hooters!! which was also close by...) and the food there was great!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends