2,812 results
All reviews gold floor the penthouse presidents club calgary tower classic hotel train tracks beautiful hotel rocky mountaineer valet parking steam room stephen avenue heart of downtown calgary stampede oak lounge concierge canada
Reviewed 6 April 2018

If you like opulent, older railway hotels, then you will enjoy the Palliser. The interior has been lovingly restored and the bedrooms modernized. The downtown location is great if you are there to see museums and do some shopping. We had encountered a problem with Expedia (unhappily we could not get it resolved) but the staff were very helpful in trying to negotiate a better hotel rate. The hotel also has a lovely lounge and main dining room if you are not inclined to go outside.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LindsayGallagherPAL, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Palliser, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Palliser for your recent stay in Calgary, David.

I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our colleagues.

On behalf of everyone at Fairmont Palliser, we hope you'll choose to stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Excellent stay. Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping and also the security were wonderful, courteous and professional. The rooms are super nice and comfortable. Cant wait to go back there again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
LindsayGallagherPAL, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Palliser, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for this lovely review, Benjy.

I am so glad that all of our colleagues were able to make your stay most enjoyable. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the entire team-- I assure you that they will be thrilled.

On behalf of everyone at Faimront Palliser, we look forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We checked into the Fairmont Palliser for a one night “staycation”. It was amazing!From the moment we pulled up in front of the hotel we felt special. The “attention to detail” was incredible. Our car was valet’d, our bags were carried, and we were greeted and treated like royalty! Thank you!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LindsayGallagherPAL, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Palliser, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your staycation.

I appreciate your kind words and will pass on your comments to our entire team here at Fairmont Palliser and I have no doubt that all of our colleagues will be thrilled that you felt you were treated like royalty.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I stayed at the Palliser back in February and can't wait to stay there again. I have been a premier member of the Fairmont Presidents Club for a couple of years and can honestly say that this is one of my favorite properties that Fairmont operates. The front desk staff were incredible. When presented with a problem they are quick to act and get it solved.

When I checked out there was a gentlemen in the lobby causing quite a scene but the front desk staff and security team made sure that all of the other guests were safe and taken care of during this ordeal.

Room are very nice and spacious. Well maintained. The only downside was from a housekeeping stand point. One of the towels in my room had quite a large stain on it, however they royal service agent I spoke with had a new towel sent u within minuets.

Food and beverage was amazing. Everything cooked perfectly.

Location was great, so nice that I could take the bus to and from my house in Banff and not have to travel to a bus station in Calgary. The Brewster picks up and drops off right in front of the hotel.

Amazing property very well run

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Todd R

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review of your experience at Fairmont Palliser, Todd.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, that our colleagues were able to make your stay a pleasant one and that you found our location easy to access by the Brewster bus.

On behalf of everyone at Fairmont Palliser, we hope you will choose to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Calgary is a relatively new city, and so there isn't much of the Old World left. But at the Fairmont Palliser Hotel we found history, pristinely clean luxury, and gracious staff, all connected with up-to-date modern amenities. On this visit, we were able to enjoy the benefits of staying on the Gold Floor - don't overlook the small extra cost, as we felt we received great value benefits in return. Although the Gold Floor reception and lounge are on the penthouse level, the actual Gold Level Rooms are located on slightly lower floors. We were pressed to see any big differences between our Gold Floor room and others we had on previous stays elsewhere in the hotel. Perhaps a smidge bigger, and our bathroom floor was heated. The Gold Lounge however was stunning: huge windows, great views, elegant and congenial staff, brilliant selection of drinks, excellent "chefy" food, and comfortable places to spend as much or as little time as you like. On the weekends, at this family friendly hotel we found the pool areas popular with parents and their kids. We loved our stay and will be back.

Room tip: Push the button on both sides of the elevator lobbies (any floor) as the two sets aren't coordinated.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LindsayGallagherPAL, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Palliser, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, Ben.

I am so glad you appreciate the old-world style of our hotel and that you enjoyed the Fairmont Gold experience especially the stunning penthouse lounge.

On behalf of everyone at Fairmont Palliser, we look forward to your next visit.