All reviewsmacleod trailchinook mallyogurtclose to downtownhot tubfree breakfastindoor poolstampede groundshard boiled eggsking suitefridge and microwavefront desk personnelstaff was friendly and helpfulfour nightsshort drivestayed for one nightlaundry
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel impressed me. It was clean. Staff were professional. Free breakfast. And has waterslide. Staff were accommodating. Definitely recommend this hotel. It is near mall and downtown. Near restaurants as well.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
hotel385, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post an excellent review on your recent stay with our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our free hot breakfast buffet, waterslide, and our friendly staff. We appreciate you recommending our hotel, we look forward in seeing you again the next time you are Calgary!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Had to stay in Calgary overnight, didn’t wanna pay much for a bed and luckily isn’t have to. Was painless to get to, comfortable bed, all very standard fare for a hotel of this level. Very clean, quiet, was in and out relatively quickly. Pool area looked alright. No complaints here, would definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2018
hotel385, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review from your recent stay with our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing great service, a comfortable room, and great amenities such as our free breakfast buffet, and pool facilities with waterslide. We appreciate that you would choose our hotel the next time you are in Calgary and look forward in welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We stayed for a night. The stay was comfortable, neat and clean hotel with excellent team at front office & at the restaurant. Being vegetarian , the restaurant team went extra mile & packed all non meat breakfast for us. Comfortable stay, large parking area, good wifi.

Room Tip: WE stayed for a night - yet front side rooms looked good
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
hotel385, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn & Suite Calgary South for your lodging needs while you were in Calgary. It was a pleasure in having you as our guests, we are happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and that you had a great customer service experience. We pride ourselves on comfortable rooms, excellent customer service and lots of perks such as free wifi, breakfast and free parking.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in Calgary!

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Bedsheets have stains mark, almost like a shoe mark. We asked it be replaced and the hotel did as requested, which is good. However, the room service person was not happy about it and was almost like complaining. Call and front desk receptionists were not very accommodating. Should put more conscious effort to be amiable.

The price of the room with two queen beds was ~C$89+ excluding tax. It should actually be worth less than that. Maybe, C$60 is more fair.

Rufran

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
hotel385, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Thank for you taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with our hotel. I am so sorry to hear of the issues that you had during your stay. I am grateful that you gave us the opportunity to rectify the issues and that they were to your satisfaction. I would like to assure you that cleanliness, and friendliness from all our staff members is what we strive on and its not indicative on how we treat our guests. With this in mind I will ensure that we continue to provide excellent service and cleanliness as that we are on know for. Hope you give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you need accommodations in Calgary.

Reviewed 25 December 2017

I was staying in a room facing Macleod Trail, and I could see most rooms were not occupied at all since most parking lot were empty, but they just gave me a room like this. I found out it's so noisy and couldn't go to sleep.
When I had my breakfast in the morning before 9AM and there's only one yogurt left and when I opened it I found out the yogurt inside was covered by water and had become "slid brick". At that the Indian guy from the front desk entered the breakfast room and I showed him the yogurt and he just said the yogurt was not bad at all and could be eaten, then I asked him to take and eat it. what a joke. hearing what I said, he took the yogurt and showed to the guy responsible for the breakfast, and he told me when he left the dinning room that the other guy would be blamed for the yogurt.

Room Tip: room on the west side, but maybe they won't give you even room is vacant.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
hotel385, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that you found the traffic noise disturbing, we would have been more than happy to move your room to the back of the hotel if you did let us know.

Its quite common that yogurt has a clear watery substance which isn't water but rather whey a natural protein found in dairy products. Yogurt making is a complicated process, and keeping the mixture homogenous over travel and time is a challenge. Sometimes whey oozes from the yogurt gel structures and—due to its lesser density—collects at the top.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you the next time you are in the Calgary area!