1,604 results
All reviews keg restaurant heavenly bed essence restaurant spg member prince's island park starbucks coffee self park top floor eau claire market junior suite valet parking heart of downtown bow river business trip breakfast buffet an upgrade enjoyed my stay
Reviewed 10 October 2018

We came here for our anniversary and we were able to park underneath the hotel which felt safer than outside. We were upgraded to the tower which was quiet, and fancy, with a pool on the top floor. The breakfast is a bit pricey at 60$ for two, as it was just a basic buffet, but the hotel is just off of the main streets of down town so we were able to walk around easily. Even with traffic it was a mere 10 minute drive to the Calgary tower.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Andrea F, Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear vintiquella,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

Congratulations on your Anniversary. We are delighted to have celebrated with you and hope we made it memorable for you.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights following our tour & had an enjoyable time. The room was quiet, clean & large with view of some of city below. It was within walking distance of the shopping street, Calgary Tower & along the river waterfront park.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Donna48315,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 5 October 2018

This property is looking decidedly tired. The condition of the room was worn and stained. I was staying at the property a number of days and the staff at the front desk never greeted you upon arrival even when they were not busy. The location is very quiet on the weekend although it is not too far a walk to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Andrea F, Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear eastcoaster101,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I am sorry for any disappointment as this not our usual level of customer service. We will share this with our team to ensure everyone feels welcome.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

This is a nice hotel located in a fairly quiet area downtown - the keg is inside the hotel with a few restaurants nearby - the Irish pub closes so early and the area is quiet during he week

Some issues with locks but in fairness they were changing over the system - nice rooms (I saw my friends room too), friendly staff

The service at the liquid bar is very slow - one evening I was waiting for quite a while for my friends and thought I will sit and read and have a drink 2 people were actually working the area and no one offered to serve me - no one even approached me - not sure why..
The conference areas were ok - not too bad - strange the bathrooms needed codes - maybe the connection to the bridges and the homeless issues downtown?
It’s in a nice quiet area - feels very safe - oh and some of the argonauts were in town when I was there!!

Some nice restaurants just outside the hotel - great to go to
The buffet breakfast was ok but steep at $28 when there is a Tim’s across the road and some nice coffee shops in the connecting buildings

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear BarnieGal,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I hope your stay was comfortable and you were able to explore Calgary.

We appreciate your comments and will share this with our team.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

This hotel was very nice. We checked in with Steven and he was super nice. There was a small line behind us as we checked in, but he didn't make us feel rushed at all. He went over places and things we should do, since it was our first time to Calgary. We upgraded to a suite and Steven put us on the top floor. The suite was nice, however, there were a few things wrong in the room. #1 the ceiling in the shower looked like it had a leak, and the shower door didn't keep the water in. #2 the balcony was filthy. The housekeepers really should, at the very least, wipe the railing off. I used a tissue to wipe a spot and it was turned it black from all the dirt. Other than that, the hotel was great, the suite was large, the views were fantastic, and the service was up to par.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suite with a balcony if possible.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Inspire197574,

I appreciate you sharing your feedback as they are important to us and will be shared with our respective teams.

It is nice to hear Steven made you feel welcome and comfortable. I hope you enjoyed your time in Calgary.