“Nice vegetarian option”

Ranked #2,180 of 3,664 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: USD 10 - USD 40
Cuisines: Sushi
Neighbourhood: Southwest Calgary
Description: Located in the south west Misato Sushi & Grill has been serving Calgary since 2003. At Misato, we are committed to fine Japanese cuisine. Here you will find traditional food, including: tempura, teriyaki, fresh sashimi, a large variety of original speciality sushi rolls and nigiri sushi as well. Our delectably innovative creations, are bound to satisfy even the most discerning epicures.
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We had a take out for a vegetarian dinner (miso soup, wakame salad and avocado and yam rolls), it was good and satisfying). As they just opened, our order was ready in about 15 min.

1  Thank Sabine N

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I had been a long time customer of Misato back when it was owned by a Japanese Chef. I did not go for a year but went back for lunch last week and anticipating a good lunch. I was very disappointed by the poor food quality. The teriyaki beef in my lunch box was was watery and I only tasted sugar. The tempura was soft and light coated. I later found out from the waiter that the business has been taken over by someone else. I now lost another Japanese restaurant in Calgary.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

we had to wait 30 minute or so before the server realized he forgot to put in our order. When he finally brought out the food, one of the food was wrong and we had to wait again. No complimentary dishes from all these waiting we had to do. The restaurant was only half packed when we went there.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

My family used to love going to Misato whenever we had a hankering for Japanese food. It was one of mom's favourite places to eat. We had noticed that the service and the quality of food decline in the past year or so (whenever they changed owners), but we are loyal and continued to go back (albeit less often than before).

After quite a delay in going, we finally went back. The servers were inattentive at the beginning. My family ordered the dinner box. Historically, they have always requested all salmon and a bowl of rice, which they used to include free of charge. They informed us that they will now be charging extra for every change on the menu. That's fine, it said so on the menu. We just said that wasn't always the case at this particular restaurant as we always made the changes. The owner (I'm guessing) started lecturing us quite loudly and publicly that they always charged and never had rice with the dinner box. It was quite embarrassing when we were just inquiring about the change.

Luckily, I ordered the chirashi and the sashimi was fresh and tasty. Unfortunately for the rest of my family, they were disappointed with the "plasticy" taste of the shrimp in all the dishes (I noticed that in my chirashi as well). Their tempura looked (and apparently tasted) absolutely disgusting. I was surprised that they even served it.

Overall, it was a very disappointing experience and I hope to never experience something so humiliating again.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

We visit Misato when we are in the mood for sushi. We mostly order take away and you have to be careful that they properly pack all of your order to go. We have had several occassions when an item we paid for was not in the bag. The sashimi and sushi are fresh and taste good. When we dine in the service is iffy but the food, when it comes, is good.