“Excellent quiet restaurant with great and friendly staff!”

Misato Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #1,030 of 3,874 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: USD 10 - USD 40
Cuisines: Sushi
Neighbourhood: Southwest Calgary
Description: Located in the south west Misato Sushi & Grill has been serving Calgary since 2003. At Misato, we are committed to fine Japanese cuisine. Here you will find traditional food, including: tempura, teriyaki, fresh sashimi, a large variety of original speciality sushi rolls and nigiri sushi as well. Our delectably innovative creations, are bound to satisfy even the most discerning epicures.
Reviewed 21 June 2015

If you like Authentic Japanese food like I do then check this place out. I love the decor, the comfy Japanese booths and the food was excellent. The menu is extensive and plenty of delicious items to choose from. This was my first time and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. They made my experience feel pampered and I would definitely go back. Might be my new favourite sushi restaurant thus so far in calgary! Thanks Misato!!!

3  Thank Dallas S
Misato S, Owner at Misato Japanese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2015

Thank you very much. We have great servers and chefs that we would like to provide our best food and service to you. And thank you for your appreciation of our service.

Reviewed 1 June 2015 via mobile

I am a sushi lover and I have no hesitation in recommending Misato. Good range of dishes, with plenty of voice in the sushi I and sushi options. Love the soups and whilst I'm not really into rolls, one of my personal favourites is the BC roll, prepared freshly on a small grill. Very tasty.

3  Thank Redgreenblack

Reviewed 10 May 2015

My favorite is the seafood tempura. Ask for Mio, she knows her restaurant's offerings and can assist. She enjoys her job which makes for an enjoyable time. All the waitresses were good and all work together looking after every table so there was never a moment when you did not have immediate attention.

3  Thank 1963chevy

Reviewed 13 March 2015 via mobile

This is a neighbourhood sushi "diner". The sushi is impeccable. Atmosphere is like a family restaurant so if you're on date night this isn't romantic. But if you love great standard sushi it is for you.

1  Thank fussyyetcheap

Thank you very much. You are right that we want you feel friendly and welcome. We have great servers and chefs that we would like to provide our best food and service to you.

Reviewed 16 January 2015

We have been going to Misato quite regularly since it opened many years ago. We always fond the sushi to be of extremely high quality. Always fresh. Always tasty. The tempura is some of the best the city has to offer. And the service is a step above. Great place to eat!

2  Thank GPaCalgary

Thank you very much for your appreciation of our service.