“Fantastic”
Review of Q Haute Cuisine

Q Haute Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Q Haute Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #173 of 3,682 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: USD 40 - USD 60
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 4 May 2017

We went here for our silver wedding anniversary, and had the fixed menu. It was pricey, but the food was incredible, the view of the river at dusk was lovely and the service was impeccable. The meal took three hours and included a tour of the kitchens, which we really enjoyed. It was the perfect place to celebrate such a special occasion.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

I have visited here a few times and there is always something surprising from the kitchen! The creations are beautifully imagined and plating is crisp and artistic. The pairings are on point, carefully selected and considered. I love that they offer kitchen tours and let me tell you, the kitchen is pristine!

I can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Love the tasting menu, well worth the price. Interesting look thru the kitchen. Views of the river are excellent. Good for couples or small parties. Reservations a must. Parking is a challenge.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Two of us went to the cooking class for dinner preparation. The chefs were good teachers, patient, informative and with a sense of humour. What stood out was their passion for what they did and the teamwork. This 3 hour lesson was followed by the Chef's Dinner. The seven course meal was exceptional. The carrot cardamom geode was a work of art that exploded with flavour in your mouth. The cured egg yolk, the Prosecco compressed strawberries....... I could go on and on. Will never visit Calgary again without going to this restaurant. Highest recommendation possible.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

Was amazed at the outstanding wedding we just went to in this central Calgary venue .
I really looked forward to this as we visited very quickly on the rehearsal day having flown in from Uk for our neices wedding . Was very impressed with professionalism of team . Marcelo was outstanding and Jessie extremely helpful and approachable and so professional .
The wedding was amazing and the reception at this lovely restaurant was sublime . I loved the decor . The staff were truly outstanding ( this coming from me is remarkable as I am a retired restaurant , cafe , guest house owner trained by Grand Metropolitan hotels in management so my bar of expectations is set extremely high ! )
I have real food issues after a nasty operation last year has left me with immune problems that manifest in food intolerances . Hopefully temporary but very debilitating .
Q Haute staff bent over backwards to make sure I had the best time . Dean the chef was probably frustrated by my almost complete allergies .. Dairy , alcohol , histamine ! Who knew ? He made sure I had something within my dietary limitations at every course . I never felt as if I was missing out on anything . I even had a small beautifully formed glass carafe and dish of peppermint tea .. No alcohol for me allowed !!
The menu and quality of food was outstanding . My husband confirmed the beef( filet mignon was cooked sou vide )and was the best steak he had ever had .
My chicken was cooked au point , difficult to do with plain chicken breast , could so easily have been dry . Wonderful presentation .

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to any couple planning their wedding .

I hope to return for dinner when we return to Calgary .. Soon .. Very soon !
Thank you so much for looking after me and more importantly making this wedding one to truly remember for the young couple and all their guests !!
Fab U Lous !!