“Good Pizza and beer”

The Kitchen By Wolfgang Puck
Ranked #917 of 4,028 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: USD 6 - USD 21
Description: The Kitchen by Wolfgang Puck specializes in the renowned Chef's interpretation of global comfort fare featuring several of his signature recipes, and highlighting the best available in locally-sourced ingredients. As one of the newest casual concepts in the Wolfgang Puck family, The Kitchen promises a welcoming and relaxed dining environment, perfect for your next business trip, leisurely lunch, family dinner or meal on the go.
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We are dining right now at the Calgary airport at the Kitchen by Wolfgang Puck. A pleasant place to enjoy a pizza and a beer while waiting for our flight..this airport is really nice!

Date of visit: July 2018
David F, General Manager at The Kitchen By Wolfgang Puck, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Good Morning,

Apologies for the tardiness in my reply.

Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your Pizza and Beer.

I hope you had a great flight and arrived safe to your destination and we look forward to see you again soon at the Kitchen by Wolfgang Puck on your next travels through YYC.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

My husband loves this place for his airport breakfast when traveling from Calgary and I have to agree! We stopped early before a 6AM flight and ordered coffee and shared the smoked salmon bagel. It was delicious! The smoked salmon was on a bagel with dill cream cheese spread, cucumber slices and picked red onion. Sharing was perfect for a lighter breakfast we were looking for. The salmon was served with grapes as well in a portion large enough for sharing. The coffee was very good and cups were filled regularly. I had a hazelnut latte which was perfect!

Date of visit: July 2018

Good Morning,

Apologies for the tardiness in my reply.

Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and we are very pleased to have you frequent us at the Kitchen by Wolfgang Puck

I hope you had a great flight and arrived safe to your destination and we look forward to see you again soon on your next travels through YYC.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I was so pleased when we saw this restaurant close to our concourse for lunch. We were greeted in a friendly manner and promptly seated. Server was quick to take our order and gave good recommendations, I asked about the spaghetti and meatballs and she said outstanding and she was SO right. My lunch was fantastic, tender meatballs and terrific red sauce. My husband ordered a hamburger and fries and was well pleased. The restaurant is clean and convenient. I have eaten at other Wolfgang Puck airport restaurants and have never been disappointed. Very good food and service. Would return.

Date of visit: June 2018
David F, General Manager at The Kitchen By Wolfgang Puck, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Good Morning,

Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and that you were very pleased with spaghetti and meatballs as well as you husbands burger.

I hope you had a great flight to your destination and we look forward to see you again soon at the Kitchen By Wolfgang Puck on your next travels through YYC.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

The ambient is nice, quick to be seated, spacious, and clean. Good food and tastes, not out of ordinary for breakfast items but up to standard. Ordered breakfast pizza, wanting to taste more of their cooking than just simple fried eggs or French toast! Quick to take orders, and reasonably fast in food delivery, packed restaurant at 7:55am. Unfortunately, all the good things to say about this place stopped here. Extremely poor service, unfriendly server, Greta! no smile on her face when orders were taken, coffee delivered and I asked for cream only, no sugar; but was given the sugar, then taken it away and plugged down the cream. Never came over once for coffee refill, nor to ask how was the food and shown no care to this customer. There were a couple customers seated 2 sec before I did and she was also their waitress. I saw she did all the necessary tasks as waitress to them. Passed by me at least 5 times, and never looked to see if anything was needed, nor how I was doing!! She is borderline rude in a sense. This is an airport restaurant, some customers need to board planes liked myself. Waited forever after food is finished for her to give me the bill. She never did! Tap on her shoulder as she passed by another time to ask for the bill in polite manner. she responded, "just a minute, sir" So I waited for at least 10 min, still no bill was given. There were 2 ladies sitting by the bar area closed to my seat, spilled some drinks on the floor. Other waitress were there to help and to clean up, she joined in and even chat a little, while I am waiting for my bills and anxiously to get on board the plane. Finally, I waved at a supervisor and asked her for my bill. Told her food was good, service was poor!! Regardless, I still managed to give Greta close to 20% tip on credit card. Supervisor was apologetic and offered for a cup of coffee to go; but I am in a hurry to leave for boarding. I fly frequently to same destinations. Due to airlines and flight preference, I was laid over at Calgary this once, and first time. Most laid over was in Toronto. If I had the same laid over at Calgary and at the same terminal next time. I will NOT stop by this place for meal. It is such poor service and disrespectful and uncaring to a customer that is most likely transient. There is no long customer relationship in such settings. The 1st impression is the only impression that is critical and set opinion about the place, literally forever. I will talk about this place to friends, co-workers and colleagues for a while.

Date of visit: May 2018
David F, General Manager at The Kitchen By Wolfgang Puck, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, my apologies for your experience. Feed back such is this from valued guests like yourself help us improve upon our mistakes.

I assure you that this is not the experience we want our guests to receive, we aim to represent the WP brand and YYC with the highest integrity.
I will be sure to address you comments with Gretal so that I may insure her actions are corrected and we improve on our level of service, living up to the expectation of the brand and our guests.

I hope that on your next travels, if you do get laid over again in YYC, we have the opportunity to correct this experience for you.

Thank you again for your review and safe travels.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We had about 25 minutes before boarding this morning so we stopped in here, got waited on right away and put our order in. Had it in under 10 minutes, and and made our gate on time. We split the breakfast sandwich that was HUGE and came with grapes on the side. Nice meal and service was spot-on!

Date of visit: May 2018
David F, General Manager at The Kitchen By Wolfgang Puck, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast sandwich, great service and were able to accommodate you in your tight time window.

I hope you had a great flight and arrived safe to your destination and we look forward to see you again soon at the Kitchen By Wolfgang Puck on your next travels through YYC.