“Back again”

Foo Asian Street Food
Ranked #390 of 3,857 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: USD 4 - USD 12
Description: Drawing on influences from throughout Asia, FOO is a tribute to the Asian street food culture. FOO combines a “hawker stall” feel with a modern, edgy and laid back atmosphere. FOO Food is the perfect location for the traditional business lunch, quick take out or make it a tasty start for a night out with family or friends.
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and love this place. I’m addicted to the chicken lettuce wraps. He goes for spicy. Have been here often. Never gone wrong.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a quick lunchtime bite to eat with a buddy here today. My first visit. Food was tasty, attentive service and pricing excellent. Feeling satisfied.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

What a great place!!! So glad we gave this a try. I had the chicken lettuce cups and my daughter had the tofu red curry. Both were delicious and served in mere minutes.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I have driven past Foo Asian Street Food at least twice as day since it opened and really had no inclination to go in but, after hearing a coworker talk about it ... I had to try. I am SO happy I did! This is a small restaurant with maybe 6 table and some stool bar seating.The menu isn't enormous but it has a great variety. I chose the Saag Paneer. WOW!!! Id say the top 3 masala cream sauces I have had the pleasure of trying. I am eternally going to be craving the fried bread (dipped into the sauce..... mmmmmmm) Honestly, I need that in my life every single day . I tried the cheesecake and it was delicious and not overly sweet which was nice. The service was excellent (friendly and informative). Amazing flavours , great service, reasonably priced! My new crave!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Too often we find food in Canada processed and bland - Foo is the exact opposite.

Everything was freshly prepared and it showed. The flavours were strong but not overpowering, just the right amount of spice. Favourites were the sag paneer - which is not just lumps of paneer cheese but little balls of mixed ingredients including the paneer which just burst with tastiness in your mouth. The texture was just amazing and the spice was just right. We also loved the caramel chicken (if you like ginger chicken or beef you'll love this dish) and the coconut chicken lettuce cups are divine.

It's a small restaurant but it's welcoming and comfortable. The staff were fantastic, my nephew was curious about the cooking as you can see the food being freshly prepared and the chef was more than happy to explain things to him with a smile. The value for money is excellent, comparable to many places that would offer far lower quality food for the same price, and they have excellent deals throughout the week.

If you are going to Calgary, it's worth a special trip to check out this fabulous little gem.

1  Thank QusieH