“Execellent Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Walliser Stube

The Walliser Stube
Reserve with OpenTable
The Walliser Stube is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Lake Louise
Price range: USD 11 - USD 38
Cuisines: German, Swiss, European
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Innovative European alpine cuisine is featured nightly at the intimate Walliser Stube restaurant and wine bar. Choose from a tempting variety of classic Swiss, German and Alpine dishes influenced by regional styles, or experience our authentic Swiss Fondue - an homage to our Swiss Mountain Guide heritage.
Calgary, Canada
“Execellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

This was our second visit to this resturant and the experience was top notch. Excellent food, you could cut the steak with a butter knife. Would recommend

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Christiana0564

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kananaskis
“Amazing fondue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

My favorite restaurant in the Rockies, the menu, wine list and atmosphere are top notch!

Buenos Aires
“If you like being pandered, this will do you.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

Firstly, the Cannonball Cabernet was excellent. 10/10 on that one.

The venison was good, but the rostis were supposed to be with shallot and horseradish - hmmm - no horseradish that I could detect.

My partner's fondue was good, but not brilliant. It came with vegetables and potatoes, and she asked if she could change the vegetables for a small salad. Instead, she was served salad and vegetables, no potatoes. And was then billed $12 for the salad. When querying this, she was told, "well, the vegetables are free", I asked "since when lettuce was no longer a vegetable"? The $12 was taken off the bill.

The restaurant is wood-paneled and looks like a gentleman's club. Many of the clientele are normal tourists and I'm not sure everyone is too comfortable with the feel of the place. The service was good, and the advice that venison should be cooked a touch more than you like beef is one tip that I will try to remember. But I don't really need my meal explained to me in detail as it is put in front of me. I felt a bit like explaining my credit card as I paid the check, this is the name, here's the date, it's Visa....

Lake Louise does not have that many dining options, so I won't recommend you try somewhere else, but I am sure you will enjoy your meal here. And do have a glass of Cannonball.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TravelBeaucoup
Alberta
“Enjoyed the Cheese Fondue!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

We ordered Cheese, beef and bison, scallop and shrimp and chocolate fondue. Our favorite was the Cheese. The bread and vegies to dip were great and the cheese was excellent. Would not recommend the meat fondue as the pieces of meat are very thin and it was difficult not to let the sauces overpower them. Recommend getting the dark chocolate fondue for chocolate lovers.

Service was good even though the restaurant was busy. The tables were so close together that we did not have much privacy. This would not keep me away but just to let others know what to expect. Conversations would be difficult to be private where we were sitting.

It was a nice evening and the atmosphere is relaxed.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank L-n-L_Hat
Brisbane, Australia
“Great winter food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

This restaurant is located at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. The service is great and if you are lucky enough to go back a second time, they remember your name. The food was delicious in particular the fondues. They have a variety of fondues on the menu from the traditional cheese to chocolate for dessert. A great experience!

• Visited December 2011