“Never to the ever again”

Mountain Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 37 Restaurants in Lake Louise
Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Cuisines: Asian, Korean, International, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Great location for travellers who need a quick bite Great views from our terrace Eclectic menu offering steaks, pastas, and Asian inspired dishes
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I arrived here for dinner on my stay in lake louise but upon my arrival it took 5 minutes for the waitress to notice me until i had to flag her down (it seemed like she was alone) but after she saw me it took another 10 minutes only to be seated in the corner of the restaurant by someone else. They were so busy going in and out of the kitchen i did not understand it cause there were barely 5 tables that were occupied. The second waitress came to take my order and for a 25$ burger i was so disappointed. The buns were grilled that they look, tasted dried and burned with black grill marks. The fries tasted store bought rather than house made like other burger joints. The patties were thin and over cooked. I've had better burgers at a&w. But it was too late and i hand no intention to stay any longer than i wanted to. While having my meal i noticed that these two women were more busy doing closing tasks than actually providing the service the patrons needed. What really made me give this restaurant a low review was that the first waitress came back to a couple (they seemed regulars/locals cause of the familiarity she spoke in) and started talking about the management.

I have studied/worked in the hospitality and service industry and that is the ONE THING you never do.

Anyways when the cheque arrived i paid via cash and i had no change so i put a 50 down and the same waitress came back to pick it up and said good night to me in a dismissive manner.... I had to call her back to say i would like my change back... They actually assumed they deserve a 100% tip? If this is how they treat their solo diners then i rarher not come here when i visit lake louise again.

Richard_Yuh, General Manager at Mountain Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

I am really sorry you had a bad experience at our establishment. To clarify we do not have a $25 burger on our menu. I will address the food quality issues with our kitchen. We actually make our burgers in house, and I am sorry our fries are not up to your standard. Yes our service staff are trained to multi task while handling patrons. I will address the tip issue with our service staff, but no our servers do not expect 100% tips.
Again all these things will be addressed, and we do apologize for your bad experience at our establishment.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

If you ever visit Lake Louise area, this is DEFINITELY one restaurant you will want to avoid. I did my homework and visited various walking distance restaurants from our hotel the evening before to know the type of food being offered, the prices etc. Even though this restaurant was ‘Closed’ at 7:45pm, the person letting me know they were closed because of lack of guests was so friendly that I decided to eat here the next evening to help vitalize their business. What a mistake that decision turned out to be!
Knowing that they could close anytime after 7pm we decided to have our dinner at 6:30pm. The server from the evening before was not there. There seemed to be only one server trying to help out around 10 tables at a time. Since the sign stated ‘Please wait to be seated’ we patiently waited for our turn. After realizing that this overwhelmed server girl would not be able to help us out, we called on her and she asked us to just have a seat where available. After some 20 minutes passed and we were not given any menus or received an acknowledgement of any sort we noticed the server went on to help out another family that just walked in, got them settled to their seats and provided them with their menus. I interjected and let her know that we had been waiting for those same menus for over 20 minutes. She apologized and passed those on to us.
After waiting for another 15 minutes to place our order, she came and told me that she noticed me inputting a review on TripAdvisor (I was writing a comment about the hotel we were staying in while waiting to be served), that she knew I would grade the restaurant badly, that she was the only person serving, that she was overwhelmed, that there was no manager on duty, and that I better treated her nicely as everyone knew what servers could do to the dishes of their annoying clients! I didn’t bother to ask what she had in mind, and knowing there was no manager to escalate the matter, we gathered our stuff and left the restaurant without being able to order or eat. I don’t necessarily blame the server as she was clearly a part-time employee student with bad manners, but rather the management of this restaurant for such carelessness to leave the entire place to one rude server. Thanks to my prior evening research, we went straight to my second choice restaurant and had a wonderful meal, which I will comment on separately.

Richard_Yuh, General Manager at Mountain Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

I sincerely apologize for the server’s lack of attentiveness. I do acknowledge that we are short staffed and the guests should not be punished for this. We do strive to provide the best customer service with the team we have.

All our team members are trained to acknowledge guests however when a server has the amount of customers you have stated it is not always possible. We have do have new team members arriving this week to help this situation.
I am sorry you had a bad experience.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped for a late lunch on the way to Lake Louise. We were greeted quickly, and told to pick a place to sit. There only appeared to be one person working in the dining room, and she was trying to manage several tables. As a result, service was slow. I had the pulled pork sandwich, and it was average. My wife had the nachos, and she was not impressed. Several customers who came in behind us had to wait several minutes to even be acknowledged to have a seat. Surprisingly, as we were leaving, more staff showed up to work in the dining room. We would not eat here again.

Richard_Yuh, General Manager at Mountain Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

I am sorry you had a bad experience at our establishment. I will discuss this review with our service team. We are more than happy to take care of you if you are in the area. Once again we apologize you had a bad experience with us.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Early dinner with exhausted preschoolers from a day of ski school. Carly was so lovely and patient with our children which allowed us to eat our meal in relative peace. We had both the Korean soup options which were delicious and kids thought their menu was pretty tasty too.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came in for lunch yesterday and our food was awesome! On top of the good food, our server Karly was fantastic. Will be back for sure !