Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Kootenay Park Lodge(Kootenay National Park)(Great Value!)
USD 276
  • Restaurant
USD 494
USD 453
Hotwire.com
The Juniper Hotel(Banff)(Great Value!)
USD 358
USD 381
Travelocity
USD 606
USD 418
Brewster's Mountain Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
USD 385
Agoda.com
USD 443
Orbitz.com
7,274 results
All reviewsgold floorwalliser stubepoppy brasserieglacier saloonjunior suitefairview restaurantbeautiful hotelself parkingsleigh ridebucket listice skatingtea houserocky mountaineerbanff springsfondueice sculpturesonce in a lifetime
Reviewed 24 January 2013

For over 30 years I have dreamt of spending a night at Chateau Lake Louise. I wasn't dissapointed.
We had a lake view room on the top floor, centre of the main building. The view from the window was jaw dropping !!!. We had lunch in one of the beautiful restaurants in a window seat and as we were eating I was enjoying the lovely background music............I turned around and realised that the music was being preformed by a harpist with a full sized harp. Stunning......The meal was very tastey and not as expensive as I had thought it would be.
We spent the afternoon walking around the lake and watching all the activites. They have trails on the ice for people to try cross country skiing. They have made an ice skating rink suitable for kids and adults and have built a ice castle in the middle of it. They also have a hockey rink. we watched people going by on the sleigh rides and it was a magical afternoon.
Our room was cosey and the bed very comfortable but we had to get up early and sit in the window seat to enjoy more of that wonderful view.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Australianjen
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I went up for one night with my best friend to celebrate my 40th birthday. We had excellent service and they made a point of acknowledging the occasion. The hotel was beautiful, clean and the service prompt. The food was also excellent. Of course, the beauty of the location can't be beat and there are ample outdoor activities to participate in. We did go to the spa which was nice, but I didn't see the gym or pool (although lots of people seemed to be coming & going from both). It's a bit pricey, but I have to say in this instance you get what you pay for and for me, it was worth the splurge. I would stay there again without question! - GB

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank GIllianLB
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The Chateau at Lake Louise was everything we imagined and more. The ice castle was being built on the lake when we arrived. Our room on Gold Level was spacious and overlooked the lake. The staff were friendly and informative. We had a wonderful sleigh ride around the lake in the late afternoon. It was a truly magical experience!

Room Tip: Pay the extra and choose a room with lake views. It is worth the money.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gordon18Kate
FCLL, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Thank you very much for your review! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your Christmas at the Chateau. We're so lucky to have a magical white Christmas every year. We hope to see you again!

Warm Regards,
Lisa Riches
Executive Assistant

Reviewed 22 January 2013

This must be one of the most beautiful places in the world. Ask for a lake view room and pay the extra: it is worth it to wake everyday staring down the majesty of Lake Louise. The hotel is large but wonderfully run, full of different types of bars and restaurants, and all sorts of different shops to browse in. Some great trips locally, but we tended not to go far and to walk to the end of the lake and beyond each day. Absolutely wonderful experience!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian W
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We stayed 4 nights in a junior suite with lake views. There is not much point staying at the Chateau unless you have a lake view. Our room was nicely appointed and spacious. Although, we needed maintenance to fix a gap between the window and frame to prevent the arctic breeze we experienced for a night. The heating in the room was noisy and we had to weigh up lack of sleep with a cold room. At this time of year, especially mid-week the Chateau is very quiet, therefore the breakfast buffet is only on weekends and we avoided the a la carte and costly breakfast in Poppy's for more reasonable options at the cafe. Staff, especially the concierge and ski / luggage guys were very, very helpful.
Accessing the Lake Louise ski field is so easy and the hotel shuttle was a fantastic service. We really enjoyed our stay at the Chateau.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cathe_2012
FCLL, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Reserving a Lakeview room is something I strongly recommend to all the guests who come here. While the view is spectacular no matter what, there's something special about waking up to it. I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that the service you received was above reproach. We look forward to seeing you again!

Warm Regards,