Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
10,140 results
All reviews gold floor walliser stube poppy brasserie fairview restaurant valet parking sleigh ride bucket list beautiful hotel ice skating banff springs tea house ice sculptures breathtaking views once in a lifetime hotel guests fairmont chateau rocky mountaineer
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 January 2013

The most stunning views from our room. A major snowstorm left the view during and after looking like a fairy tale. My sister and I stayed here last April but it wasn't until I saw this hotel listed under "10 hotels with incredible views" that I remembered I had not started writing review for tripadvisor and felt compelled to include a review....
One of the most awe- inspiring views. And if you don't have a view of the lake from your room, try afternoon tea in The restaurant sitting at the huge windows...you won't be disappointed..tea with a view...it can't get any better than this!

Room tip: A rare treat...not cheap by any means but a bucket list must do once in your life!
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Ykroneberger
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We stayed in the Fairmont gold level and were consistently impressed with the quality of accommodations and service. It was a proposal evening, and the staff, particularly Jessica and Rachel, went WAY out of their way to make it fantastic and very special for us both. The lake view was amazing, and we had a great time with dog-sledding, sleighing, hiking and spending time on the lake. Well worth the trip!

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mark H
FCLL, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Fairmont Gold is our hotel within a hotel - I'm thrilled you received such spectacular service from the private concierge. I'll be sure to share your comments with them. We hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,
Lisa Riches
Executive Assistant

Reviewed 11 January 2013

My family and I stayed in January 2013. We paid top dollar for a lake view room which was worth it, even though the lake was pure ice. Snow and ice is still a novelty for us coming from central queensland.
The room was well appointed and spacious, but one let down was the linen which was old and worn, two towels had rips in them.
We arrived just as the main holiday stampede was ending, so we basically had the place to ourselves our last day. It was Erie walking around such a big and illustrious motel, barely seeing another person.
Staff were all,excellent. If you get a chance to do the snowshoe tours with Michael, do it. He was fantastic. Very informative and a great guide, very passionate about his little patch of earth.
Overall, one more bucket list experience ticked off in a grad manor.

Date of stay: January 2013
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Breyno
Reviewed 11 January 2013

My husband & I went through Canada staying at the Fairmont chain in early April - the lake was frozen and we actually walked across it - it was soooo beautiful - the snow capped mountains -the whole scene was breathtaking. We had a room with a stunning view. We will definitely be going back to Canada.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Domenic L

Thank you so much for your review. Now that you've walked across the lake, we hope you'll get a chance to see it in the summer on your next trip to Canada, and maybe canoe across it!

Warm Regards,
Lisa Riches
Executive Assistant

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Stayed in a 2 queen bed room which was quite a good size. The bathroom was very nice. Ate at the saloon style restaurant as we had kids with us and meal was very nice. Had buffet break fast which was very good - best omelette I've had!

This hotel is expensive but we got a good room deal on Expedia. Everything is more expensive than other places we've stayed in Canada but still cheaper than what a hotel like that in Australia would be!

We went ice skating on the lake which was fun but I thought the skate hire was a bit expensive compared to other places in Canada where we have rented them.

Date of stay: December 2012