Lowest prices for your stay
Fairmont
AU$730
No prepayment needed
AU$730
Hotels.com
AU$773
Get rewarded with One Key
10,168 results
All reviews gold floor walliser stube poppy brasserie fairview restaurant valet parking sleigh ride bucket list beautiful hotel ice skating banff springs tea house ice sculptures breathtaking views once in a lifetime hotel guests fairmont chateau rocky mountaineer
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2013

My husband & I went through Canada staying at the Fairmont chain in early April - the lake was frozen and we actually walked across it - it was soooo beautiful - the snow capped mountains -the whole scene was breathtaking. We had a room with a stunning view. We will definitely be going back to Canada.

Date of stay: April 2012
2  Thank Domenic L
FCLL, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Thank you so much for your review. Now that you've walked across the lake, we hope you'll get a chance to see it in the summer on your next trip to Canada, and maybe canoe across it!

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Stayed in a 2 queen bed room which was quite a good size. The bathroom was very nice. Ate at the saloon style restaurant as we had kids with us and meal was very nice. Had buffet break fast which was very good - best omelette I've had!

This hotel is expensive but we got a good room deal on Expedia. Everything is more expensive than other places we've stayed in Canada but still cheaper than what a hotel like that in Australia would be!

We went ice skating on the lake which was fun but I thought the skate hire was a bit expensive compared to other places in Canada where we have rented them.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 2wardsoz
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed fro 2 nights Mid december 2012.
Lucky enough to have a view over the frozen lake and snow covered mountains. What a view.
hotel staff very eficient and friendly.
Make sure you sign-up for the presidents club otherwise you have to pay for wireless.
Very good restaurants and outdoor activities.
Fairly expensive but worth it.

Room tip: The Lake View rooms are worth the expense.
2  Thank FransSA

You know what they say... location, location, location. We're so lucky to overlook Lake Louise and the Victoria Glacier. We hope you'll have a chance to see the lake in the summer as well - it's just as amazing, but completely different.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

The Chateau's staff is always ready to assist with whatever needs you may have. The views from the chateau lakeside room and the rooms with a lake view are fabulous. They know how to celebvrate Christmas and New Year's with all guests invited. Their are several restaurants in The Chateau, however they are expensive and for the most part food is good in the Fairmont Room and the fondue restaurant. The Italian restauarant is a price fix buffet which I would rate as poor, breakfast is a buffet or menu. There are few a la carte items and unless you like to overeat the buffet is overpriced.
We enjoy the celeberations and level of service provided by the hotel staff. The views are spectacular and the skiing at Lake Louise is great with views that can not be matched anywhere. Everywhere you look is like a picture postcard.

Room tip: Rooms with a lakeside view are a necessity, and we prefer the newer side of the hotel.
5  Thank Stephanie L
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I stayed one night in late June as part of a Brewsters tour. The public areas of the hotel were very good - but my small room overlooked the car park so there was no view worth looking at. It was also adjacent to the ice machine and near the lifts so the corridor was noisy - and the room was not soundproofed enough.

The weather was cold and wet - which made doing anything outside impractical. The restauraunts were booked out when I arrived so I ended up in the saloon bar - the food was terrible - they only charged me for my drink.

Overall I was disappointed as I specifically chose a tour that included an overnight stop at the Chateau. The lake views are fantastic - but there were limited options to enjoy them.

Room tip: There was no option to pay more and get a better room when I booked my tour - maybe being part of a tour group means you get allocated the lesser rooms in peak season.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank OzShan

Thank you very much for your review. It was disappointing to read that your stay did not meet your expectations. We do get quite busy in the summer months, but that is no reason that your stay should have been anything less than exemplary.
I've let our Director of Food & Beverage know of your difficulty in securing a dining reaservation, as well as your experience in the Glacier Saloon; he will be working on making sure both issues are rectified, if they have not been already.
Please contact me at the hotel should your travels bring you back to Banff National Park.