Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
CraftyYarni
Melbourne, Australia

Lovely Louise Hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 Dec 2012
Stayed at hotel for 1 night on our honeymoon on Dec 21. As we arrived, we were amazed that we were actually at the hotel and not viewing it on a holiday tv program back home.

Brendon at check-in was courteous and professional. Upon knowing we were there on our honeymoon, he kindly provided us a complimentary room upgrade. In fact he gave us two upgrade options. To assist with our decision, he himself, showed us the two rooms and we elected to choose the deluxe king room on the fifth floor (501) that faced Lake Louise. The other room was a junior suite also facing Lake Louise on the 8th floor. Even though the suite had more floor space and had 3 standard windows facing the lake, I believe the deluxe room 501 was better. Why?. Firstly the view. It was a corner room and windows were huge. They were two large windows that were about 1.7metres in height and it spanned from one end of he room to the other. The other difference was the deluxe room had a smaller lounge area but still large enough to use for in room dining and to walk around room.

Customer service: we dined at the saloon for lunch and for dinner. Quality of food was very good and he menu selection was very large. As a menu, there was nothing fancy on the menu at fancy prices.This is a compliment. It gives holiday goers the opportunity to eat good quality food at reasonable prices. Apart from the saloon, there were a couple of other dining options at the hotel.

On check on our las morning, I happened to severely strain my calf by just walking down a stair outside the hotel. At the time I thought the calf was torn. I limped to lobby where reception called a medic to aid me. The calf was properly strapped with ice and I was provided crutches. Our following hotel stay was at the fairmont banff so the hotel knew the crutches would not go missing. Having immediate medical treatment at lake louise would go a long way into accelerated recovery.

The hotel has a lot of shopping options. A lot means about 15. Ranging from inexpensive souvenirs to jewellery and art work at king and queen prices, it will accommodate all budgets.

Location: It would be easy to combine the hotel with its location as the ultimate hotel. I will say that the quality of hotel and its position facing the lake, won't be beaten. if staying at lake louise, stay at this hotel as it is the only hotel with a direct view of the lake. Awesome in winter as complete lake is frozen over. Do what I did and walk on the lake. A somewhat scary but exiting feeling.

In summary, if this isn't on your bucket list of hotels and locations, make it so, as this is truly a wonderful experience.
Date of stay: December 2012
Room Tip: Rooms facing lake are a must. Higher floors would also be an advantage.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
HI-Lake Louise Alpine Centre
  • Skyscanner.com
2.6 km from Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Free parking
One of our stand alone cabins captured during the summer months
12.8 km from Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
8.7 km from Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
    33.7 km from Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
    View more hotels in Lake Louise
    10,299 results
    All reviews gold floor walliser stube poppy brasserie fairview restaurant valet parking sleigh ride bucket list beautiful hotel ice skating banff springs tea house ice sculptures breathtaking views once in a lifetime hotel guests fairmont chateau rocky mountaineer
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 29 December 2012

We were booked on a Brewster Tour from Jasper to Calgary and were recommended by our local travel agent to stay at the Fairmont Chateau rather than the standard options offered by Brewster. It had to have been the very best decision of our 3 week trip through BC & Alberta.

When we arrived, we went in the President's line to check-in and were immediately upgraded to a one bedroom suite. It was the most luxurious room we stayed in on our journey with an excellent view of Lake Louise.

It took a bit of getting used to how to navigate our way from our room on the third floor to downstairs, but. apart from that, it was a memorable stay. My only regret was that we stayed for just the one night.

If we go back to Canada, the one place I would want to go back to would be the Fairmont Chateau, Lake Louise.

Date of stay: August 2012
    1  Thank EcclesAKL
    FCLL, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

I'm so pleased to hear that your visit with us was so memorable. We do our best to turn moments into memories, and we hope you'll be back soon!

Warm Regards,
    Lisa Riches
    Executive Assistant

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Because we were only staying one night, we brought our own food to save some money. Even though it was chilly (minus 10 to minus 20 degrees celcius) there was little wind and that made it tolerable.
    There's something magical about being here in the winter that you don't get in the summer and we loved the snow covered landscape.
    We went on the reasonably priced sleigh ride which takes you along the north side of the lake to almost the end - it's a much larger lake than it appears from the shore of the Chateau. Our driver was quite personable and friendly, and treated his team (Chuck on the right and Charles on the leftt) very professionally; and, he was careful with the trail users and his horses as we progressed. Blankets were provided, but we dressed warm as well - the blankets would not have been enough, but they certainly helped - DRESS WARM!
    Our room was a bit small and there was no heat control in the room so it was also a bit chilly.
    The decor was beautiful, and of course, being Christmas, there was even more sights to enjoy.
    They had a nice pool, but not very large and almost too cool. They had a large hot-tub, though.

Room tip: We had a room with a lake view - it's a bit more cost, but the view is breathtaking, especially at sunrise.
    2  Thank Brent J
    Reviewed 23 December 2012

There is no better place to stay in Lake Louise, especially at Christmas time when the lake is frozen and they clear out an area for you to skate at night. The place is big but so cozy at the same time. Had a wonderful time here - perfect winter getaway.

Date of stay: January 2012
    3  Thank Brian C
    Reviewed 19 December 2012

My stay 3-9 December room 620. Must start by saying I would go back it was a fairytale place awesome surroundings etc. good location 5 minutes on courtesy bus to ski park. My meal I mention about was at the main restaurant glacier saloon. The steak was the rarest one I have ever saw. They apologised and supplied a new meal. I was violently sick shortly after and had D+V for the next few days. They called me the next morning to say there were investigating it and at 4pm to ask if I was ok. Very disappointed being my honeymoon, I approached the head of security and was made to feel like I was Looking for a freebie when explaining my concerns he said "what do you want a free meal or room service or something?" I took no liberties and asked only for an update concerned for others and an apology. I explained i could pay my own way and had water in my room. Even when I checked out I mentioned my stay was excellent apart from the food poisoning the reception girl laughed and I said to her I didn't find it very funny. There may have been something on the screen.

4  Thank mark g
    FCLL, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Thank you very much for posting your review. It is incredibly disappointing to read of your experience. I will send you a private message as well, but please contact me at the hotel at your convenience so we can ensure this is resolved in investigated promptly.

Warm Regards,
    Lisa Riches
    Executive Assistant

Reviewed 15 December 2012

We loved our stay here in December. Great activities, wonderful winter wonderland ambiance. Great service, beautiful room. We will be returning when up in Canada during winter time. Our room was very clean. We had no difficulties booking dinner reservations and activities such as the sleigh ride.

3  Thank RHWell