“Wonderful Chateaubriand”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 28
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: El Toro after a long day skiing or for your romantic dinner in our warm and cozy atmosphere! Tapas, Chateaubriand for two or delicious steak will be sure to satisfy all taste buds!
Reviewed 24 June 2016

We enjoyed a wonderful meal at El Toro. We ordered the Chateaubriand and loved every morsel. It came with a starter soup or salad. We had the El Toro salad which included mixed greens, beets, goat cheese and candied pecans. Shannon was an excellent server, attentive and engaging. She did an excellent job of presenting the Chateaubriand. Although the four of us were 'stuffed' from our meal, we chose to share a Berry Nest to complete our meal. It included lemon sorbet and berries which were just the icing on the cake to a fabulous meal. We will be back.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

The restaurant is attached to the hotel I was staying at and one morning instead of searching for a place for breakfast, I decided to go here. I walked in the place wasn't that crowded so it was quite easy to get a table. I looked over the short and simple menu and opted for a 3 cheese omelette and some potatoes. After a brief wait my food was brought out and I dove in. The omelette was fine and the potatoes weren't bad although my big complaint was the serving size was a bit smaller than I expected. The bad part wasn't really the food but the fact that I left hungry. The staff was friendly and the prices reasonable, however, next time I am in town I will be finding some place else that would be able to breakfast a bit better.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

Saw an advertisement in the local paper for a Thursday night special which appealed to me because it brought back memories of having been to the same restaurant more than a decade ago. It was Chateaubriand for two as depicted in the photo above. Although we were three, the waitress informed us that we could have the dish made for three. For starters, we had their scrumptious Ceasar's salad which arrived with two slices of bacon on top. The Chateaubriand is finished at the table, so that it can cater to those who want the meat cooked a bit longer. We each had three slices of filet cooked to our specification and served with mushrooms, sweet peppers, potatoes and asparagus spears. The wine we picked was a La Tour Pinot Noir, which was a perfect choice for the dish. The service was quick, efficient and the atmosphere was pleasant. We were too full to try a dessert and left the restaurant truly sated. If you check in the local paper, you can find their advertisement with weekly specials, which makes the restaurant very affordable.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

very good authentic food plated beautifully, great service, fast and relaxing ambiance! Will go back again

Reviewed 20 May 2016

The atmosphere and the food was excellent. Our server was lovely. The selection of food is great, I went with a few selections of the Tapas. I couldn't get enough. The portion sizes (even for tapas!) were great.

1  Thank Jeny A