“Yum!”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 26
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: El Toro after a long day skiing or for your romantic dinner in our warm and cozy atmosphere! Tapas, Chateaubriand for two or delicious steak will be sure to satisfy all taste buds!
Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

We've been there now for breakfast and dinner. Both were delicious!!!!! The service was also awesome! Totally recommend going!

2  Thank Casey P

Reviewed 28 January 2016

Banff best hidden secret. Every time I travel up from Vancouver.I stop at this restaurant. ( the best value vs quality in Banff.) I love the chateaubriand its 16 oz of the best tenderloin fillet. I just discovered they do breakfasts and not surprising its phenomenal ...
My favourite spot to dine out in banff. Dave

2  Thank davedave76
Reviewed 28 January 2016

I and my husband had Chateaubriand for two when they offer $69 as local special.
Not to mention that beef tenderloin was cooked beautifully, I was pretty impressed that 6 kinds of vegetables came together as side (mushrooms, red bell pepper, asparagus, carrot, broccoli and roasted potato - a little bit everything) and you can tell it's from fresh, not frozen or packaged. That tells they do care what they serve. Mostly there aren't many vegetables in restaurant dish. It's understandable because it takes a lot of time to prepare - wash, peel and cut..., so, 6 kinds are pretty awesome.
I've lived in Banff over 13years and too shame I didn't try this restaurant for this long. I and my husband love to go back for Monday Mexican Night for the next time!
Last, this is just my personal preference - I LOVE Latin music and their BGM is all Latin, that made my dinner more enjoyable.

1  Thank Zumbarian
Reviewed 24 January 2016

Admittedly, we only ordered two tapas for a snack in our room: calamari and the calabrese and manchego crostinis. The calamari was definitely nothing to write home about and appeared to come with the wrong dip (why salsa verde?) and we received some calabrese fresh out of the packet with a few lumps of manchego cheese on what looked like a cracker.

Reviewed 23 January 2016

Nice place for a tapas style diner. And a remarkable experience with a large group of Oriental visitors. There was a large group (some 40) of Chinese or Japanese looking people who were not eating in the restaurant, but entered in smaller groups to occupy the restrooms for quite some time. Different culture I guess.....

Date of visit: September 2015