“Great place for family vacation”
Review of Fox Hotel & Suites

Fox Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Banff
“Great place for family vacation”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great service from check in right through the whole stay
Recommend loft rooms
Many thanks to Jane at front desk for all of her help

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank 92hf10
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.
I love to hear that our service was great from check-in throughout your stay! This is exactly what we strive for, and it brings me great pleasure to hear we've succeeded.

I will ensure that Jane is recognized for her guest service. Our team love to see their names posted here!

I hope we can welcome you back to the Fox Hotel & Suites again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We celebrated my birthday in Banff at the Fox Hotel & Suites over Thanksgiving weekend. We had read the reviews and decided to book the one bedroom loft with fireplace. Our room (s) were very spacious and had the feeling of a condo. The free underground parking was great, but caution people with high profile vehicles to check with the hotel prior regarding the clearance. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. You can pretty much walk everywhere from the hotel. We had a wonderful time despite the weather and would definitely recommend this place. I am hoping to come back to Banff during the summer and this is the only place that I would stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Julie G
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear your birthday weekend was a great one.

Summer in Banff, though so much different than winter, is breath takingly beautiful! We look forward to welcoming you back.
Lethbridge AB
Reviewed 15 February 2012

My husband, 2 year old daughter and myself stayed at The Fox Hotel and Suites for a small family getaway this February. We were very excited to stay here, and upon checking in our feelings had changed. The lady who checked us in, did not seem friendly, lacked in customer service; Making us feel not very welcomed. She handed me the room keys, and didn't give me any insight in where to go (Parking, finding our room), especially since it was our first time at this hotel. Your also suppose to recieve a best of banff coupon book and bus passes, which she never gave us.

When we booked our 1 bedroom suite, we believed it was a 2 level (Due to looking at the floor plan of the 1 bdrm. on their website). We were disappointed, only because this was not what we thought we had booked; we felt mislead. If we would of known otherwise, We would of booked a different room. However, the room was cozy, and clean. As a bonus, you recieve nice soap from the rocky mountain soap company.

Other Aspects:
*The cave and basin inspired-pool is nice, but is only open from 1pm-11pm. (So you are unable to go in the day you check out). It was pretty crowded later afternoon/evening, but if you go in when it first opens, you basically have the pool to yourself, which is nice.
*They provide a continental breakfast which includes pastrys, fruit, waffles, hard boiled eggs.
*A/C units in living area, are very loud.
*House keeping staff were excellent, providing quick and efficeint sevice; bringing you whatever you may need from towels to ice.

Unforunately, we were pretty disappointed. We will not return to this hotel in Banff. Due to the lack of customer service, and not recieving the room we thought we had booked, I don't believe the cost was worth it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Rachelle D
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
I am very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. This is certainly not up to the standards we are known for. I will be following up with my team to find out why you did not recieve the Best of Banff booklet, directions and other information that is part of our standard check in procedure.

We have obviously failed you in this regard, and I apologize for that.

I am wondering if you asked to be moved when you realized the room you booked was not the one your were hoping for? We aim to provide exceptional guest service, and do our best to ensure every guests stay is a pleasant one. Please feel free to call me directly, I would love the opportunity to speak with you.

Thank you for your positive feedback on our Housekeeping Department. I will share your kind comments with our team.

I would like to also clarify for other guests, that our hotpool is open from 6:30am-11pm with a one hour close from 12 noon until 1pm for cleaning.
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Great service at reception.
Small kitchenette (microwave & mini fridge) in room.
Small living room, larger bedroom (1 bedroom suite).
Sofa bed was very average in quality. Kids shared.
Noisy a/c unit in living room, near kids sleeping.
Outdoor grotto is awesome.
You have to go outside to get to your room & one lift service.
Great bus service to get you everywhere for town or skiing just outside.

Room Tip: Rear rooms are quiter. All rooms are small. Check on a/c noise.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Heasto
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2012

After being interrupted multiple times throughout the night with the cheap fire alarm, not being able to differentiate between smoke and an accidentally set off fire extinguisher somewhere within the hotel. The GM and hotel staff would not offer a rebate or a coupon to those of us who are new and who are return customers. For the 3 am to 4 am ear blowing experience I will not be returning to this hotel. The rates are in my mind at least set up for these, out of their hands, accidents to warrant a gift cert or percentage off next stay. However, that was not offered. I apologize for the out of my pockets reply and write this review to those who may stay here. Don't hold your breathe for this place to have you in there hearts. All they want is your money. Once. I have over 100 people on an online community sharing page and have already put the word out. There are other places to stay in Banff. Thank goodness my children weren't in the room. The decibel level of alarm was out of this world.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else for the cost nothing special. Tiny washrooms average beds.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ryan M
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
I am very saddened and disappointed to read your review. Please allow me to clarify for other guests that may be interested in staying with us.

The fire alarm was set off in the early morning hours by vandals that pulled the trigger on a fire extinguisher. This caused the bells to sound, as they would in any properly functioning hotel fire alarm system. I do agree - the bells are loud. They are in compliance with regulations for fire, health and safety. Their purpose is to alert guests of a potential danger of fire, and for them to evacuate their room.

This did not go on for an hour as you have stated. Banff Fire & Safety can confirm that the bells sounded at various times over a 15 minute period.

I agree, this would not be something you would look forward to while staying in a hotel. I am very sorry for this inconvenience, and I do apologize for this happening during your stay.

I must say that I find it completely unfair to post "the GM and the staff did not offer a discount." This statement is simply untrue.

My card with contact information was handed out by our team the following morning. You contacted me by email, and I have had correspondence with you, whereby I offered my sincere apology, AND offered a discount on a future stay with us.

I must point out that while this situation was out of our control, the RCMP are involved to track down the culprits, and the team here dealt with the situation in a controlled and effective manner.

I am very confident in our product and the services we provide. We value our guests, and their opinions of us, and although I am very disappointed in your threats to spread false information and half truths to your online community, I will simply say, freedom of speech is yours to enjoy.