The Juniper Hotel
USD 308
USD 542
USD 417
Hidden Ridge
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
USD 390
USD 309
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 371/night.

USD 623
  • Restaurant
USD 283
TripAdvisor
1,047 results
All reviewsno elevatorvermillion lakeshot tubmt norquayhardwood floorstranscanada highwayfirst floorthe trans canada highwayoverlooking banffdowntown banffroad noisevalley viewminute drivemount rundlefront desk staffking suitelight sleeper
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We went for a weekend last year with our dog, a Great Dane. The staff was really friendly and very good about us having such a huge dog. the rooms were beautiful, newly renovated and the scene from our window was gorgeous. however, I left my camera battery and charger in the room. I contacted them about it and normally hotels send small items like this for free however when I got to the post office I had to pay $50! for a tiny parcel. the employee had sent it as COD charging me an extra $30 on top of the COD charges. I contacted the manager and he said the post office charged the hotel extra for sending COD (a statement which I verified with Canada Post that it was NOT true). after about 2 months of trying to contact the manager of the hotel I got a phone call from someone higher up, all he offered to do was pay the $30 extra fee.. he did not try to remedy the situation at all, he just made the excuse that their employees are "transient" and left it at that.
overall our stay there was great but I would never go back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RhiC
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I had a great stay at this hotel. It was cozy and comfortable and the room appeared to be modern looking. Staff was attentive and friendly. Price was reasonable. It was clean and the shower was great. Would definately stay again next time I'm back in Banff.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank shazam10
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We spent Christmas Day at the Juniper Hotela nd had a great time! Beautiful room, views and the breakfast was excelent!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2012

My husband and I chose this property for our first-married-Christmas getaway. We stayed in the Healy Creek Suite. It was fabulous. The room was spacious with a grand fireplace, a wall of windows to the oversized balcony and incredible mountain views, as well as a stone-set jacuzzi for two in the bathroom. At less than 170 a night (tax incl) we could not believe we got all that comfort for that price.

Because we stayed over Christmas, there was a lovely tree in the foyer, with a garland wrapped staircase that made the whole place smell lovely and inviting. Every time we walked by the front desk there was a plate of fresh cookies (sometimes gooey and still warm) that were there for the taking. On Christmas day we woke up to find a thoughtful card and small gift left on our door. Little touches like that really made it a great stay.

All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. The suite is decorated with a bit of 70's flare (re, the orange corner chair). But it wasn't dingy-old style, it was more like funky vintage style. The room and the whole hotel were very clean and quiet.

Possible drawbacks:
The hotel has an amazing view, although it is located close to the highway. While it didn't make a difference for us in the winter, if you stayed in the summer and liked to sleep with your windows open, it could be slightly noisy. Another trade off of the view is the fact that you are located slightly out of town. It is still less than 5 minutes by car to the town center, but if you want to be able to walk to everything, this may not be the place for you.
The restaurant in the hotel was kind of higher end, which is great for a nice romantic lunch or evening meal, but it lacked the convienence of being able to grab a quick and cheap breakfast on the go. The local Tim Hortons, McDonalds and Subway are less than 5 minutes away by car, however, we had one morning where we got picked up by a charter quite early, and running out and back for breakfast wasn't very appealing. We would have grabbed some grocery store items to eat in the morning, but the suite did not have a mini-fridge or microwave.

Room Tip: Go for the suite. For a little extra money you get a lot more luxury.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emilie728
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Of all of the hotels experiences I've had all over the world I think that the staff at the Juniper have been the best I've ever encountered. So very friendly and, if you'll excuse the lame pun, so very accommodating. The hotels itself is really nice, in a neo-green kinda way. Apparently, the hotel is powered by wind-generated electricity (I don't recall if it is fully wind-powered or partially) and the rooms have nicely-scented, low-allergenic natural soaps and those chunky organic-feeling towels.

I really like the airiness of the rooms and the freshness of the place overall. Hotels, especially in North America, tend to be stuffy affairs with recirculating air that has probably been exhaled a thousand times before you inhale it. Not so at the Juniper. I've stayed a few times and each time I've felt invigorated and relaxed by the freshness of the place.

I like the clean, modern look to the rooms, too. They're mostly done in dark woods and cream-coloured linens. It gives a sort of modern-rustic look that is totally authentic to them.

I only ate there once, but the food was very well prepared and in line with the best of what Banff has to offer--or very close to it.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business