Review Highlights
Excellent guides who make you feel like hiking with friends. Focus on the Beauty of Nature

Visited August/September 2016, 4 days with Paul and Eva My husband and I visited the Canadian... read more

Reviewed 21 September 2016
ellien_v_d_kooij
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hiking with Friends

Paul and Eva provided us with the perfect Banff hiking experience. They tailored the hikes to our... read more

Reviewed 28 August 2016
southwind910
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina

Recommended experiences in and around Banff
from USD 25.86
from USD 61.42
from USD 51.72
from USD 177.80
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

My husband and I booked Eva and Paul for a trip to sunshine meadows. We were thoroughly pleased with our hiking experience!
Correspondence is quick and easy. Paul is fun and personable, with a great sense of humor, and Eva is a beautiful soul, and a gem of woman. They compliment each other quite well, and make a great team! They aimed to please in every way! They were relaxed, flexible, efficient, and professional. I recommend them highly, and Sunshine Meadows is chock full of beauty in every direction you look!
Go when the wildflowers are in season; a site to behold!
We are grateful!

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

We had a wonderful time with Paul and Eva. They were very knowledgeable about the area and great with our kids (10yrs, 5yrs, and 8mo) keeping them engaged during our hike. Super friendly and easy to spend time with. We will definitely hike with them again on our next visit to Banff.

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My wife and I couldn't be happier with our experience. We chose 'Nature in Focus' based on the kind of hikes they offered and the reviews on TripAdvisor. So, first I have to say 'thank you' to all those other reviews out there! While I can't speak to what other hiking companies offer, I will say: 'Nature in Focus' has got it right. Despite threats of rain the night before our hike, Paul gave us the option to cancel at no change ("weather happens" he said) or give it a try. SOOOO glad we went through with it. The weather turned out to be gorgeous and the location was stunning.

As a guide, Paul possesses a great blend of courtesy and knowledge. Anybody can go for a hike, but what Paul added was an incredible amount of information about the flora, fauna and history of the area. This REALLY made our hike. While it sure is an amazing experience to look out at majestic mountains, my wife and I find it thrilling to look at them and know which mountain is which, how they got their names, and other tidbits as well. Our take on Paul that he's a friendly, genuine guy doing what he loves, and it shows. While we met Eva just briefly, we got the impression she and Paul are alike in this regard.

Overall, we wholeheartedly recommend 'Nature in Focus'. The choice of hiking location was spot on (Paul recommended it to us after some emailing back and forth about our skill level and interests); their hikes are well price (as compared to other companies we looked at); we hiked at a pace that worked for us; they provided equipment as needed, and again, the insights Paul provided really made our 'guided' hike worth it. If we make it back to Banff, we will be booking a hike with them again. No doubt.

3  Thank Kenny K
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We almost always hire a private guide when hiking. We like to get off the beaten path and immerse ourselves in the natural splendor. We spent the day with our guides, Paul and Eva. They took us through the Sunshine meadows and then to the top of a mountain! The entire journey, which took the better part of the day, was filled with incredible sights, small and large. Paul and Eva kept us in mind throughout and made sure we went at a pace that suited our abilities and took a route that satisfied our interests. They were terrific company as well. It is tempting to think that a person can just get on the trails and do it themselves and see and experience everything without the benefit (or cost) of a guide. We played that game for years. But, several years ago we tried a private guide and learned firsthand how much more you get out of it when you are in the hands of an expert. As a rule, we have always had good guides, but none better than Paul and Eva! Thanks for the memories guys! Next time we get back here, you will be our first call.

6  Thank kkelln
Reviewed 16 August 2014

So glad I read the TripAdvisor reviews before coming out to Canada and pre booked a hike with Paul and Eva. Eva guided us around the 3 lakes, a 5 mile hike, a fantastic effort by our 8 year old son.

Eva was such a beautiful person that made the hike personal to us and showed us things we would never have seen or known on our own.

Thank you so much Eva for giving us memories of Canada that we will never forget (especially the school bus trip down from the mountain).

2  Thank Lee O