All reviews hot tub room was clean underground parking big tv close to downtown older hotel king room coffee maker banff avenue few minutes walk restaurants and shops the main drag centre of town mini fridge cereal balcony jamie
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This is an OK property.. Check-in was quick. Beds were pillow top,very nice. Hot tub was clean. Location central. Some construction in the parkade but not really a problem. It has no restaurant or bar but many close by. would stay again for the right price.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Red Carpet and found that it was great to be right on Banff Ave. No need to drive and pay for parking. Staff were friendly and accommodating to our group. Will definitely be coming back again!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Nice basic hotel with friendly staff. Front desk staff was a bit flustered from dealing with a guest from hell, but she kept her cool, treated us well and was very professional. Room had a fireplace and soaker tub that was not expected and a sweet bonus. Room looks like it was recently renovated. Would be nicer if shower and washroom had more shelves to place towels and toiletries, but that is just minor. Would stay here again and recommend it to others looking for a cheaper, in town, and basic hotel. There is a hot tub I did not get to use, maybe next time if time allows :)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank deathracerJH
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

First - I paid $100 for a room in high season banff, so I didn’t expect much.

Check-in was a nightmare. They couldn’t find my reservation. 20 minute process.

Parking. Was informed that there was “one spot left in the parkade, but you might not fit”. Sure enough my Grand Cherokee was too tall for the parkade so I returned to the desk to find my options. I was told that the back parking lot was full and I’d have to find a spot on the street somewhere. Spent another 20 minutes, to no avail. Finally was told to park in the “secret spot” which was essentially a snowbank

I managed to shoehorn the vehicle in there.

Elevator out, so slugged my stuff up three flights of stairs and two hallways.

Walls were paper thin in the room, could hear everything happening next door. And I mean everything.

On a positive note, room was very clean, including bathroom, and bed was very comfortable. Aided by a steak dinner and most of a bottle of red wine, I had a good sleep. (Except for being woken up at 3am by some ***hole getting arrested in the hallway)

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 2 February 2018

Front desk staff not very welcoming. Work being done on the hotel, lift out of action. None of this was mentioned when booking. Room very dated and smelt. Big chill coming from air conditioning unit so if you wanted heat you have to use the heating which was very very noisy.. Too noisy to sleep with it on and we needed heat as it was cold outside. So we had to choose between sleeping and it being very very cold or being warm but not sleeping !!!! When checking out two reception staff. One an older lady that just stared at me with a horrible look on her face as if I was an inconvience. Would not recommend this hotel as way too pricey for what you get and top it off with the feeling your not welcome would not visit again when back in area.

Room tip: Go elsewhere
Date of stay: January 2018