Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sarah S
Melbourne, Australia

Comfortable, no issues

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Apr 2019via mobile
My husband and I stayed here two nights and found it quite a nice hotel. We were on third floor and had a large room with a very nice bathroom. It was quiet, the internet worked fast, the room service was good plus the beds were comfortable. We had breakfast included and the buffet was nice with lots of options. We didn't use the pool but did take advantage of the underground parking, which was handy as it was snowing overnight. It was about ten minutes walk into town so not far and we preferred staying on the edge of town anyway.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    AU$546
2.4 km from Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa
View more hotels in Banff
2,593 results
All reviews keg restaurant free bus pass rocky mountaineer lovely hotel underground parking large hot tub buffet breakfast stayed here for nights coffee maker lobby town canada lodge ski fireplace rockies basement
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 April 2019 via mobile

The staff members are quite friendly and accommodating. There’s underground parking here, which was convenient and an added bonus. It was also nice to come back to the room after a long day of work sessions, to a clean room. Some of the furniture could use a little sprucing-up, but all in all, to a weary traveler, the most important elements were included - cleanliness, a comfortable bed, great bathroom, lots of towels, a fridge. The decor is starting to show its age, given some patchwork done that is well-hidden but still apparent. I could only imagine the shenanigans that go on in hotel rooms that require reparation.

The Keg is one of my favourite large-chain restaurants. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to enjoy it because of my work activities, but it was nice to have it within walking distance, under one roof, especially given the snowstorm. There’s also a spa and pool that I’m sad I missed out on, due to the nature of my stay. Should I return, I’ll be sure to enjoy them.

The neighbours were another story. Who allows their kids to run up and down the hallways at 11:30? The onus doesn’t fall on the hotel, obviously.

Then, once asleep, the adults partied until well into the wee hours. I have nothing against people enjoying their vacation time. This is just commentary, really as I don’t know what could be done differently, besides making significantly expensive engineering and structural changes, and I realize that can be prohibitive. Still, I’m sure there’s something to remedy noises emanating through paper-thin walls, and basic door frames. It’s great that there’s plenty of storage as well - an added bonus.

Convenient, well-priced for this particular season, friendly/accommodating staff, great amenities, heated underground parking, comfortable bed, luxurious shower - should another work opportunity arise in Banff, I’ll surely consider staying here, again - and for longer.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2019

I was there for a ski trip and found this hotel to have reasonable prices for what I was looking for. The hotel is located at the far end of town which is a solid 15 min walk or 5 mins by town bus to the center.

While the location does not sound ideal, if you are there for a ski trip it is the 2nd stop on the mountain shuttles, so do not have to worry about the bus being full (like hotels closer to the center of town) and the stop is right outside the front door.

If you do not want to walk into town,you can use the free town bus, The bus stop is 50 yards away. Show your hotel key and the ride is free!!

Our room had 2 queen beds but the room was tight, with limited floor space. We had to pile bags next to the one bed and the wall. There was a small fridge (between the beds), no microwave but a coffee maker and hot water kettle. The hotel has no free breakfast and the paid one was just to expensive. There is a food market (IGA) in town and we bought food to have for breakfast before we left for the mountain. The lobby did have free coffee starting at 6:30am

The bathroom was big (could have sacrificed some of this floor space for the room) Shower was always hot with good pressure.

There was a small closet in the room and it had a safe which was nice.

The hot tub was real nice and there was a dry hot sauna next to it.

Now for my Pet Peeve... I booked this back in Aug '18 and when we showed up our rooms were right in front of the elevators. Management take note....these are the rooms you give to the last minute bookings not to a reservation made months before. When I complained I was told the only rooms available would be an 'upgrade' that I would have to pay for. I did and it was not the cost which was minimum but it was the principle. The 'upgrade' was a room with the same exact floor-space except with a patio. Honestly the patio was a joke because it is not big enough for a table and chair. If this was in the US I would have gotten that 'upgrade' for free

That aside I would recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Don't spend the extra money for a room with a balcony
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank DinkSnow
Reviewed 15 April 2019

I am here now and trying to get this warning in before the internet goes out again. The front desk says they are full and this happens. There are too many problems here (no heat in our room yesterday even after maintenance was called, they had to come back today) and too few people here who care to do anything about it. They have no IT help on weekends. No manager came out to speak with me, just some desk people who say there is nothing they can do. The maintenance tech just came in after resetting the router and witnessed the internet dropping himself. I just expect more when traveling. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

Room tip: It seemsthe farther away you are from the front desk, the worse your internet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed 14 April 2019

I was looking for a last minute get-a-way place and scored well choosing to stay here! Love a huge cozy inviting lobby that welcomes you & entices you to come sit near a stone fireplace. Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa has friendly staff, is very very clean--lodge itself & the rooms! Beds are so comfortable & their bathrooms are very modern. Keg is right there off the lobby so a bonus...and there is a sweet spa for your delight & a super hot pool area with sauna there & workout equipment room beside it. Underground parking too!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank gabbyz
Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

Bed comfy having the keg in the hotel was great so you can have a great meal . The rooms nice the bathroom clean and in summer or winter just a quick walk into town . Great location- it is a beautiful town but shop around for accommodation in this town for the best price.

Date of stay: May 2018