My wife and I spent 4 nights here in September of 2011. The accommodations were fairly nice for the price. We booked through AA vacations and got a very nice deal. I found the hotel staff to be courteous and helpful when checking in. You cannot beat the scenery up in the sky in almost every direction off Banff Avenue.
As mentioned in other reviews, the location is on a main street of the town and is quite busy at almost all hours of the day and night. Late in the evening with the windows open for ventilation, you can definitely hear foot traffic outside. This might be a problem for light sleepers. I am not a deep sleeper, and found this mildly annoying.
The room itself was on par with the cost and had a comfortable couch for lounging. The bathroom was nicely furnished and spacious. We also used the Wi-Fi extensively. The location is kind of on the edge of town but we walked to eat lunch and dinner. At a regular walking pace the opposite end of town is probably a 15-20 minute walk. There was also a grocery store within a 10 minute walk.
I will not recommend the restaurant. We tried to have drinks in the bar on a Monday night. There was an NFL game on but there were a few open seats. My wife and I waited at the table and then at the bar for 15 minutes before walking out and leaving. However, if you were under 20 and female, the bar staff would stop what they were doing to make your drinks. I guess being over 30 means you go thirsty
Thinking the bar experience was isolated incident we tried dessert in the main dining hall and were treated like transients for not enjoying an entire dining experience. The waiter seemed highly annoyed we only ordered dessert. I think the restaurant is over price, the service was extremely poor, and there are a lot of better dining options within walking distance.
The underground parking garage was nice but be prepared to maneuver your vehicle or rental in a very tight, confined area. Even though the weather was mild, having a secure place to park in a busy town was welcomed.
This was our first trip to Banff and I would not hesitate to stay here again on another trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banff Caribou Lodge is centrally located on Banff Avenue, Banff's main street. It offers the Keg Restaurant, Red Earth Spa (a full service spa), free underground parking, free wifi, fitness room, hot pool and steam room. This lodge type accommodation has a large and inviting lobby to greet you to Banff. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Cancelon and Hotelopia so you can book your Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Caribou Hotel Banff
- Banff Caribou Lodge And Spa
- Caribou Banff
- Caribou Lodge Banff