All reviewsspiral staircaseloft suitecontinental breakfastsleeping areasister hotelpool and hot tubboiled eggscovered parkingminute walkthe air conditioningyogurtthe main streetthe breakfast arealarge bathroomsteam roomwould stay againking bed
Reviewed 7 April 2018

The conditions are very good for the price that we have paid. The hotel is clean and the staff is nice. The breakfast was very good! Also, we have enjoyed the swimming pool, sauna and hot tub! We have stayed at the Loft Bedroom and is usually good for 2 people.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2018

We stayed here for our annual mountain anniversary trip because it looked like a mid-range priced hotel in good condition. It was overly priced for the condition of the hotel. The rooms and the pool area were dated, but kept in clean condition. Our next mountain trip we will be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike Rachel S
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We were in Banff to watch a ski race so we decided to stay the night and we also invited friends to come along. I had booked the two rooms together. I booked 2 deluxe king rooms. We got there check in was great staff were great, fast and easy. We asked if we were together and the ladies said we had a few rooms between us. So of course we were okay with that but when we got to our rooms we didn't know we would have to walk outside to get to each other's rooms and it was down the outside hallway and then around the corner. We were super disappointed with this as I thought with booking together they would give us something much closer. So I would suggest if you are booking with others just to check the rooms first if you want to be close. The room itself was big and spacious. Overall clean, couple stains on the carpet but I usually wear my flip flops at any hotel. Bed was comfortable... I found the rooms were not very insulated.. I could hear people outside and then in the morning every flush of the toilet or shower .. Plumbing I guess I could hear easy. Great they offered parking, and a continental breakfast. Your regular continental breakfast foods. Overall the stay was okay. Little far from the main part of town. I thought this hotel was overpriced at the rate of $198 that we paid.

Room Tip: we were on the third floor on the street side.. so maybe a little loud compared to the other side.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tracy T
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Hi, we stayed here on a Saturday night. We had the loft room which was small but really nice. King bed as awesome. Great sleep. Staff was friendly. We were looking forward to the Hot tub and it was only warm. Pool was nice. All in all nice hotel but wished the Hot tub was a hot tub.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank erinchris7787
Reviewed 6 March 2018

I stayed at the Charlton Inn for 4 nights in February, in a room called a deluxe room - ie 2 double beds. I could have sworn this property was billed as an Inn, and was surprised on arrival that it's actually a Motel! I was not expecting to have a front door in the parking lot of the motel, nor was i expecting to walk outside to get to the swimming pool. The pool and hot tub were nice, well maintained. The motel offers a simple breakfast which was more than adequate.

The biggest problem i had with the motel was that the place is terribly over heated. Maybe that's OK if you're from the tropics and are afraid of the cold, but I literally couldn't sleep for 4 nights. However low i turned the heat (I brought it down to 10 celcius), it was still way too hot - maybe 25 celsius or more. I complained to management but the worker who came did nothing but tell me to turn on the air conditioning. To be fair, he was japanese and didn't speak any english or french. Sorry, but I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family