We had a great stay at Charlton's Cedar Court. The room was a standard with two queens for a family of 4. It was clean and comfortable with a HUGE bathroom as far as hotel bathrooms go having a shower and separate bath. All the right extras were provided including conditioner and mouthwash and pleanty of HOT water was available. The room was up to date with flatscreen, mini-fridge, coffee maker and teapot, desk, coffee table and two comfortable chairs, good lighting, and an excellent wi-fi connection. I also was happy to find lots of electric outlets in convenient locations. Most hotels leave me climbing under desks to figure out which light I don't need to find a plug or having to sit in an uncomfortable location to have my laptop plugged in. Large windows on both sides of the room gave us pleanty of daytime light and a reasonable view.
We had originally had some reservations about staying here as we specifically wanted a whirlpool and there was no mention of it on the list of ammenities. Rest assured though, the pool areas is clean (and warm) with a very nice pool, large hot tub, sauna, changing rooms, and towels provided. The pool was open late (till 11:00) so we had plenty of time to enjoy it.
The free breakfast was a nice touch. Fruit/melons, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, juice, coffee, bagels, and toast with an ample number of toasters. The staff at breakfast was extremely friendly and helpful. We had pleanty to eat before heading to the slopes. Safeway was just around the corner for any additional items/snacks we needed and the ice and snack machines were new and well stocked.
We'll definitely be back soon. I think I'd like to try the fireplace loft next time.
An added hint, dinner at the Magpie and Stump (Mexican) was delicious and very reasonably priced with menu items I hadn't seen before and great service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Charltons Banff is located 5 blocks from downtown Banff. This 3.5 star resort was created in the classic alpine style with natural cedar, combined with a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere, it makes the Charltons Banff the perfect Rocky Mountain Retreat. Start the day with a complimentary Continental Breakfast. After a busy day of mountain activities relax in the indoor pool and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Charlton's Banff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlton`s Cedar Court Hotel Banff
- Charltons Cedar Court Banff
- Charltons Cedar Court Hotel Banff