See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 February 2016

I was a little worried booking this hotel but it was actually quite nice. Good location, about a 10 minute walk to the downtown area. Staff were very helpful when I had to call about a missing item. Would stay again

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Sharon C, General Manager at Banff Voyager Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

Hello beachlemon,
Thank you for your review of the property. It is very pleasant to hear that you had a great experience with our staff and we do look forward to seeing you again! Have a lovely week!

Reviewed 23 January 2016

Cheap hotel but clean, staff is friendly but do not expect anything fency. If your going there to party this is the perfect hotel, they have a liquor store inside the hotel but I not suggest going there for a romantic trip

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Sharon C, General Manager at Banff Voyager Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2016

Dear Benoit329,

Thank you for your brief and informative review of the hotel. We constantly strive to meet our guest expectations specially the ones that are here for a short trip. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Have a lovely weekend ahead.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

It was cheap to stay there... I don't care that the hotel was old because it was clean, but I can't recommend this hotel. There is absolutely nothing unique about this hotel. No microwave in the whole hotel for guests to use. No hairdryer in the room. The breakfast was typical of continental breakfast and you could upgrade to a hot breakfast for a mere $8.00 for sausage and waffles that sat under a heat lamp. On a positive note the staff were pleasant!

Room Tip: If you expect nothing then you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Dear ShaunaW,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. Our housekeeping team is constantly on their best efforts to provide outstanding service to our guests. The hotel is old indeed however the whole team is more than happy to serve our guests and ensure that you have a comfortable and affordable place to stay in Banff. We do have microwaves and hair dryers available by request. Our hot breakfast is prepared fresh everyday and it's buffet style, the reason why it's kept under the heat lamp. We do have breakfast items in our menu where our guests can order from at a different cost if they prefer not to opt for the buffet breakfast. I am glad that you you found our staff pleasant to deal with and I will make sure that this message will be passed on to them. Thank you for your comments and I am glad for the chance that you gave us so we can clarify things through your review. We do hope to see you again soon. Have a lovely weekend ahead!

Reviewed 11 January 2016

The Voyager is old...dated...dingy and smelled it. Kind of a maze to find your way around if you are parked in the covered parking area, signage was not very helpful or clear.
It was however the least expensive place to stay in Banff so I guess you get what you pay for. However I have stayed in much nicer hotels for $120 per night.
Our room was very hot. The thermostat did not seem to control the heat in the room at all so we had to intermittently open the balcony door to let some cool -20 air in. The shower curtain was not long enough to fully enclose the tub and the shower head was dirty and did not let out a nice spray but rather spurts of water. Room 106 is located just above the carport so you hear alot of laundry carts being wheeled from one building to the other.
The staff was very nice and helpful.
As long as you aren't planning on spending much time in your room this hotel will do.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Sharon C, General Manager at Banff Voyager Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2016

Hello YYCMtnGrl,

Thank you for your review. I had addressed your concerns with our housekeeping staff and maintenance staff. I appreciate the information you had provided. We had checked the thermostat in the room and had it fixed. I will also ensure that our staff hear about your great words for them. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

I'd love to be there again. Nice and polite receptionists. Room was clean and tidy. Liquor store within the building. Do not expect too much from the continental breakfast though. you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

Hello 493michalb,

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me when you come and visit us again. I would like to ensure that we would provide you with the best service that we can give you. I appreciate you taking your time to give our hotel an honest and great review. We look forward to seeing you soon!