Banff Voyager Inn
USD 338
USD 568
USD 419
Hidden Ridge
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
USD 388
USD 308
USD 624
USD 586
Fairmont.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Brewster's Mountain Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
USD 384
USD 291
Cancelon
USD 322
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 January 2016

It was cheap to stay there... I don't care that the hotel was old because it was clean, but I can't recommend this hotel. There is absolutely nothing unique about this hotel. No microwave in the whole hotel for guests to use. No hairdryer in the room. The breakfast was typical of continental breakfast and you could upgrade to a hot breakfast for a mere $8.00 for sausage and waffles that sat under a heat lamp. On a positive note the staff were pleasant!

Room Tip: If you expect nothing then you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Sharon C, General Manager at Banff Voyager Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2016

Dear ShaunaW,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. Our housekeeping team is constantly on their best efforts to provide outstanding service to our guests. The hotel is old indeed however the whole team is more than happy to serve our guests and ensure that you have a comfortable and affordable place to stay in Banff. We do have microwaves and hair dryers available by request. Our hot breakfast is prepared fresh everyday and it's buffet style, the reason why it's kept under the heat lamp. We do have breakfast items in our menu where our guests can order from at a different cost if they prefer not to opt for the buffet breakfast. I am glad that you you found our staff pleasant to deal with and I will make sure that this message will be passed on to them. Thank you for your comments and I am glad for the chance that you gave us so we can clarify things through your review. We do hope to see you again soon. Have a lovely weekend ahead!

Reviewed 11 January 2016

The Voyager is old...dated...dingy and smelled it. Kind of a maze to find your way around if you are parked in the covered parking area, signage was not very helpful or clear.
It was however the least expensive place to stay in Banff so I guess you get what you pay for. However I have stayed in much nicer hotels for $120 per night.
Our room was very hot. The thermostat did not seem to control the heat in the room at all so we had to intermittently open the balcony door to let some cool -20 air in. The shower curtain was not long enough to fully enclose the tub and the shower head was dirty and did not let out a nice spray but rather spurts of water. Room 106 is located just above the carport so you hear alot of laundry carts being wheeled from one building to the other.
The staff was very nice and helpful.
As long as you aren't planning on spending much time in your room this hotel will do.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Sharon C, General Manager at Banff Voyager Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2016

Hello YYCMtnGrl,

Thank you for your review. I had addressed your concerns with our housekeeping staff and maintenance staff. I appreciate the information you had provided. We had checked the thermostat in the room and had it fixed. I will also ensure that our staff hear about your great words for them. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

I'd love to be there again. Nice and polite receptionists. Room was clean and tidy. Liquor store within the building. Do not expect too much from the continental breakfast though. you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

Hello 493michalb,

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me when you come and visit us again. I would like to ensure that we would provide you with the best service that we can give you. I appreciate you taking your time to give our hotel an honest and great review. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 31 December 2015

This seems to be a budget hotel and geared to budget bus tours which suited us just fine until we found out that there was no AC in our room during this years heat wave. The room and bed in general was ok, service pretty indifferent and the included breakfast crowded with the bus crowds.
Good for budget minded travelers, since other hotels in town are much pricier, so there's a trade off which you either accept or move on. Probably would not stay there again unless $$ were really tight.

Room Tip: Anywhere upstairs to get away from lobby noises
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Sharon C, General Manager at Banff Voyager Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2016

Good Afternoon wolf55,
I apologize that our lack of AC made your stay uncomfortable. The mountains are usually cold at night, even in the summer thus very few hotels in Banff has air conditioning. It is very rare that it doesn’t cool down at night and those very warm temperatures are fortunately still few and far between. Our rooms also have sliding balcony doors with screens that you can open when temperature rises. We do also provide fans for our guests. I understand that this will not make your stay any better at this point however I regret that we did not meet your expectations when you were here with us. Please accept my apologies.
As we take pride in keeping the Voyager Inn more of a budget hotel in Banff and keep it more environment friendly, it made sense for us to not install AC when it is only needed on rare occasions. We do have another hotel connected and located right beside the Voyager Inn and these rooms have air conditioning that we could have offered you during your stay. If you do come back in Banff, I encourage you to book our sister property, The Spruce Grove Inn. It is a newer hotel with more spacious and air conditioned rooms. Please do not hesitate to connect with me or contact the hotel directly if we/I could be of further assistance. Thank you and have a wonderful weekend.

Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed one night. Hotel is a bit dated, needs some TLC & some upgrades - like beadspreads or comfoŕters from the 2000's rather 1985, but overall it was clean and quiet. Pool was cold since it was outside & December but hot tub was nice, lots of people. Liquor store and restaurant right in hotel, convenient. It a good last minute deal for one night, 3 people for $159. It was an average room, no fridge tho & no conditioner, but overall for being close to downtown and in Banff it was satisfactory.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Dear CDAKrawetz,
Thank you for your evaluation of our hotel. I am glad that your stay was overall satisfactory. Our hotel is one of the few establishments that were first opened in Banff. We do take our guest feedbacks seriously and we do renovations of the property by areas almost every year. The past years we did upgrades in the hotels including carpeting, door locks, roofs, wall paints etc. While some areas of the hotel may still look dated at this time, I am proud to say that we do keep it clean and comfortable for our guests. I am happy that you noticed how well we keep the guest rooms and public areas clean. We do not have air-conditioning in our guest rooms as we rarely experience very warm weather at nights in the mountains even during the summer. We do provide fridges upon request. If you do come back to stay with us in the future, I encourage you to book our second property located right beside the Voyager Inn, it is a newer hotel with more spacious rooms, every rooms has air conditioning and fridges. Please do not hesitate to connect with our frontdesk team or with me (gm@banffvoyagerinn.com) if we could be of further assistance. Thank you for taking your time to let us know that your stay went well during this time of the year. Have a wonderful weekend.