“Average spa experience ”
Review of Rimrock Spa

Rimrock Spa
Ranked #12 of 14 Spas & Wellness in Banff
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Nothing really noteworthy about this spa. Pleasant enough. Find touches missing for high end spa. Massage service was good. Coed steam room. No sauna. Indoor pool only. Small lounge with average amenities.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Have been to this spa numerous times over the past several years and have always enjoyed the atmosphere and quality of service and products. The staff are very professional. However, on my last visit, the quality of the pedicure was below what I had previously received and what I was expecting. Poor painting and overly thick coats of polish made it impossible to dry. The overall heal work was not sufficient to address the dry skin.
I did not partake in the pool or hot tub but my companions did and found it a bit noisy and a child was essentially playing in the hot tub with a float device which detracted from the goal of relaxation.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

The service staff was super nice, there was snacks and drinks available, the waiting room was cute and comfortable. The facial was suited just for my skin and also included a long scalp massage, back, neck, and arm massage. My entire upper body was relaxed and massaged just from a facial! The best facial I've ever had.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

I booked a couple of massages for myself and my husband. The massages were very expensive which I didn't mind paying as I was assuming this must be a very high-end spa and we would be treated with excellent costumer service. This was very much not the case. I went down about 20 minutes prior to my appointment to relax and enjoy some quiet time. When I got there, I waited at the front desk as no one was there. I had to knock on a back door to get someone's attention. I was then taken back to a change room, which was more like a bathroom, if someone had opened the door, They would've seen me changing. I was then told where I could get some tea. Then I went back to a room and waited. No one checked on me, offered me anything, I didn't see a soul until the minute my massage should've started. As for the massage- I was asked what I would like. I said I was there for relaxation, but I do like shoulders and back focused on, along with a full body massage. She said she would focus on that and do the full body massage, which I thought was perfect. It was a nice massage and she was very pleasant, but she didn't massage my arms, hands and head, which is a part of a "full body massage". The massage started at about 5-10 minutes after my scheduled time, but finished right on the dot, which means my 60 minute massage was now shortened. When complete, she said she would meet me outside the room with water. I left the room, she was not there, I changed and came out and she was still not there. I finally did see her after I had already paid and was waiting for the elevator. After my husbands massage was complete, she gave him an invoice with a name on it that wasn't even his name. They didn't communicate to her that we had already paid, and I'm not sure she even knew who she had just massaged. I haven't had many spa experiences, but in places where I have paid much less, the costumer service was MUCH better......I did have benefits that helped us cover a portion of the cost (not the full amount) of the massage, but had I known it was going to be such a poor experience, I would've saved that money and spent it elsewhere. It cost me $400 for 2 massages......Had it been exceptional, we wouldn't have minded paying that much as well as returned to the spa at our next trip and referred others. Unfortunately, this was not the case. I will not refer anyone to this spa, or return to it, ever. On a positive note, Our hotel experience was exceptional, and we will definitely go back to the Rim Rock to stay.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Just spent Christmas at the Rimrock as a family of 5 including my mother in law. As a birthday present for her, I booked us each in for the Rimrock manicure. We were greeted upon arrival, given a small tour and escorted to the lounge area where we enjoyed the views and some tea waiting for our time slot. The estheticians were very professional and friendly and we were both very happy with our manicure . We again enjoyed the views from our chair and the pampering with the arm massage was awesome. Can't wait to go back and spend more time at this spa.