“So dissapointed”
Review of Rimrock Spa

Rimrock Spa
Ranked #12 of 14 Spas & Wellness in Banff
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

I booked a couple of massages for myself and my husband. The massages were very expensive which I didn't mind paying as I was assuming this must be a very high-end spa and we would be treated with excellent costumer service. This was very much not the case. I went down about 20 minutes prior to my appointment to relax and enjoy some quiet time. When I got there, I waited at the front desk as no one was there. I had to knock on a back door to get someone's attention. I was then taken back to a change room, which was more like a bathroom, if someone had opened the door, They would've seen me changing. I was then told where I could get some tea. Then I went back to a room and waited. No one checked on me, offered me anything, I didn't see a soul until the minute my massage should've started. As for the massage- I was asked what I would like. I said I was there for relaxation, but I do like shoulders and back focused on, along with a full body massage. She said she would focus on that and do the full body massage, which I thought was perfect. It was a nice massage and she was very pleasant, but she didn't massage my arms, hands and head, which is a part of a "full body massage". The massage started at about 5-10 minutes after my scheduled time, but finished right on the dot, which means my 60 minute massage was now shortened. When complete, she said she would meet me outside the room with water. I left the room, she was not there, I changed and came out and she was still not there. I finally did see her after I had already paid and was waiting for the elevator. After my husbands massage was complete, she gave him an invoice with a name on it that wasn't even his name. They didn't communicate to her that we had already paid, and I'm not sure she even knew who she had just massaged. I haven't had many spa experiences, but in places where I have paid much less, the costumer service was MUCH better......I did have benefits that helped us cover a portion of the cost (not the full amount) of the massage, but had I known it was going to be such a poor experience, I would've saved that money and spent it elsewhere. It cost me $400 for 2 massages......Had it been exceptional, we wouldn't have minded paying that much as well as returned to the spa at our next trip and referred others. Unfortunately, this was not the case. I will not refer anyone to this spa, or return to it, ever. On a positive note, Our hotel experience was exceptional, and we will definitely go back to the Rim Rock to stay.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Just spent Christmas at the Rimrock as a family of 5 including my mother in law. As a birthday present for her, I booked us each in for the Rimrock manicure. We were greeted upon arrival, given a small tour and escorted to the lounge area where we enjoyed the views and some tea waiting for our time slot. The estheticians were very professional and friendly and we were both very happy with our manicure . We again enjoyed the views from our chair and the pampering with the arm massage was awesome. Can't wait to go back and spend more time at this spa.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

A girlfriend and I went to have a nice spa day at the Rimrock spa. It was a lovely day of being pampered and relaxing.

We both had the massage and facials. The services were excellent and the staff were friendly and accommodating. In particular there is a male Massuse there named Shawn who was excellent and had a great personality and gave a good massage.

I do think the facilities could be updated a little and were expensive. There were no pool or gym facilities extended with our services. Where at the banff springs hotel for a similar price you can use the facilities.

All in all 4/5.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

We recently stay at the Rimrock and my husband and I decided to each get a massage. I booked a couple days in advance. They carefully reviewed their cancellation policy and details. Everything appeared in order.

Upon arrival, they appeared very disorganized and confused. I was brought to a change room, which was essentially a large bathroom. No privacy to change - you would be exposed to the hallway if another person opened the unlocking door. I then waiting the "seating area", which was a tiny bench and chair area.

My massage was average at best. The room was uninviting. The room was cold and my feet were freezing during the entire massage. The massage itself was poor, and I was regularly "poked" - not sure what technique was being used.

I finished up and my husband was up next. Same barely adequate experience.

My husband paid and didn't get a receipt, which I needed for our insurance. He went back and was told at that time that our therapist was not a registered massage therapist. First we heard of this!!!! They told him too bad.

I then raised this with the hotel at check out and got the same response - too bad.

In short, poor massage and spa facilities. Failure to mention that your therapist is not registered, so no insurance coverage for medical benefits. And absolutely no customer service to deal with this mistake on the part of the booking attendant. I will never ever be back.

2  Thank planetrj2016
Reviewed 1 June 2016

My husband and I both had relaxation massages at the Rimrock Spa. The experience from start to finish was amazing. The treatments themselves were fabulous. I was with Shelbie and my husband was with Sarah and we both agreed that the ladies did a great job. We felt so relaxed afterwards and I will definitely be returning.

The reception staff were very informative and friendly and appeared genuinely happy to be at work. The spa was very clean. I will be recommending to all my friends and family!