Rimrock Spa
Ranked #12 of 14 Spas & Wellness in Banff
Reviewed 5 January 2017

Just spent Christmas at the Rimrock as a family of 5 including my mother in law. As a birthday present for her, I booked us each in for the Rimrock manicure. We were greeted upon arrival, given a small tour and escorted to the lounge area where we enjoyed the views and some tea waiting for our time slot. The estheticians were very professional and friendly and we were both very happy with our manicure . We again enjoyed the views from our chair and the pampering with the arm massage was awesome. Can't wait to go back and spend more time at this spa.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

A girlfriend and I went to have a nice spa day at the Rimrock spa. It was a lovely day of being pampered and relaxing.

We both had the massage and facials. The services were excellent and the staff were friendly and accommodating. In particular there is a male Massuse there named Shawn who was excellent and had a great personality and gave a good massage.

I do think the facilities could be updated a little and were expensive. There were no pool or gym facilities extended with our services. Where at the banff springs hotel for a similar price you can use the facilities.

All in all 4/5.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

We recently stay at the Rimrock and my husband and I decided to each get a massage. I booked a couple days in advance. They carefully reviewed their cancellation policy and details. Everything appeared in order.

Upon arrival, they appeared very disorganized and confused. I was brought to a change room, which was essentially a large bathroom. No privacy to change - you would be exposed to the hallway if another person opened the unlocking door. I then waiting the "seating area", which was a tiny bench and chair area.

My massage was average at best. The room was uninviting. The room was cold and my feet were freezing during the entire massage. The massage itself was poor, and I was regularly "poked" - not sure what technique was being used.

I finished up and my husband was up next. Same barely adequate experience.

My husband paid and didn't get a receipt, which I needed for our insurance. He went back and was told at that time that our therapist was not a registered massage therapist. First we heard of this!!!! They told him too bad.

I then raised this with the hotel at check out and got the same response - too bad.

In short, poor massage and spa facilities. Failure to mention that your therapist is not registered, so no insurance coverage for medical benefits. And absolutely no customer service to deal with this mistake on the part of the booking attendant. I will never ever be back.

2  Thank planetrj2016
Reviewed 1 June 2016

My husband and I both had relaxation massages at the Rimrock Spa. The experience from start to finish was amazing. The treatments themselves were fabulous. I was with Shelbie and my husband was with Sarah and we both agreed that the ladies did a great job. We felt so relaxed afterwards and I will definitely be returning.

The reception staff were very informative and friendly and appeared genuinely happy to be at work. The spa was very clean. I will be recommending to all my friends and family!

Reviewed 1 June 2016

My partner and I had the pleasure of staying at the Rimrock hotel this past weekend and the entire experience was amazing, especially the spa! We had a couples relaxation massage. Our therapists were very thorough and listened to everything that we wanted! My partner had Sherrie and I had Sarah and they were phenomenal. I then proceeded to have a deluxe pedicure after and that was amazing as well. The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was very welcoming.

I would 100% return to the Rimrock spa to receive more services!