Buffalo Mountain Lodge
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets(Banff)(Great Value!)
USD 176*
USD 157*
Hidden Ridge Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
USD 252*
USD 231*
High Country Inn(Banff)(Great Value!)
USD 223*
USD 196*
Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
USD 264*
USD 239*
Fairmont Banff Springs(Banff)
USD 503*
USD 481*
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Elk + Avenue Hotel(Banff)(Great Value!)
USD 242*
USD 230*
Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
USD 261*
USD 240*
Hotwire.com
Banff Inn(Banff)(Great Value!)
USD 269*
USD 249*
Orbitz.com
Tunnel Mountain Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
USD 227*
USD 213*
USD 285*
USD 271*
  • Pool
1,660 results
All reviewspremier roomhot tubclaw foot tubheated floorswood burning fireplacewedding venuestainless steelopen firereal fireplacemountain lodgeshuttle servicehuge bathroomromantic getawayour honeymoonfree shuttledowntown banffking bed
Reviewed 15 August 2012

While on a big road trip, my boyfriend and I decided to stay somewhere nice for a night. After seeing the pictures online I thought this place looked wonderful.

The room comes with your own fireplace which you obviously wouldn't use in the summer. There is no air conditioning and the bathroom was small. We had a tiny first floor patio that faced the road. The room was really cozy and cute but not what I thought we were getting. Our room came with a portable fan which we ran all night since it was so hot. You have to drive to get into downtown Banff but that's no big deal, it was nice to be a little out of town. I feel like you could get a different hotel of the same quality for a better price.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ELP81
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My room:

Pluses -
Fireplace was great. It was clean, the bathroom was big, and the claw-foot tub hit the spot. The view of the moutains was amazing. The toiletries in the bathroom were great, and there was an iron and hair dryer. There was a balcony off of the room where you could relax and enjoy the view. There was coffee and tea and many towels.

Minuses -
The lodge is spread out and there are a lot of stairs. No one offered to help me with my bags. I had to lug them up to my room and I had recently had leg surgery. I could've gone back down to ask for assistance, but it would have been more of a bother.

There was no full length mirror. I was attending a wedding and I couldn't see what I looked like from the shoulders down.

The room was rather dark. I didn't mind but I heard a lot of people at the wedding complaining about this. Maybe one more light in the room would help.

Comments:
The wedding reception was held in the Wapiti Room. It was a great space - and perfect for a wedding with a great view. It was unfortunate that during the wedding speeches we heard the staff laughing and talking loudly in the kitchen. It was a bit rude. Also, our plates were never cleared from dinner after we ate. Not a huge deal, but you would expect better service.

Breakfast is too expensive for what you get. Much too expensive. No coffee is worth $5. I had two pancakes and a cup of coffee for $25. That is too much, full stop.

Tips for Travellers:
Be specific about which room you book. It seems the lower the room number, the older the room. I had a room in the 900s and it was perfect.

Choose a room away from the lodge and Wapiti lodge. Wedding venues will get loud. Again, 900+ room number is the best way to go.

The hot tub says not to go in if you have diarrhea. This is hilarous.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ILOVEAOGG
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We were very disappointed with the condition of the rooms at the Banff Mountain Lodge. I wish now that I had taken photos because our rooms looked nothing like the ones depicted on their website. Our rooms were shabby, worn and absolutely filthy. It looked like a very old spring break type party room.

Every door and wall was either splattered with something (drinks?) or was filthy from years of fingerprints/food and a lack of cleaning. I cleaned about 2 square feet around the doorknob of the bathroom door and the white cloth turned black. We asked the manager and housekeeping to please clean the room, but it never happened over our 3 night stay. They also insisted that these were the only rooms available, but I see from the other posts that some travellers were able to change rooms.

Our room rate included the buffet breakfast. Along with several other groups and couples we waited about 45 minutes to be seated for breakfast. During this entire wait time, there were at least 5 tables sitting empty in the small dining room. The staff were either unmotivated or unwilling to clean tables and seat their guests, despite many complaints from the growing crowd waiting in the lobby.

Given the room rates, there must be better choices in Banff.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kicksychick
CRMRManagment, Manager at Buffalo Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay at Buffalo Mountain Lodge. I would like to assure guests that we do take all feedback very seriously. We would like to apologize for your experience with regards to your accommodations and dining while on site as this is certainly not the standard we strive for. Your feedback above has been noted and I would encourage you to contact me to further discuss your concerns (bmlalm@crmr.com).

Many Thanks and Kind Regards,
Assistant Lodge Manager for Buffalo Mountain Lodge

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stayed in this nice lodge just a few weeks ago. On arriving, as standard, we were asked for a credit card to hold for a deposit. I used my Travelex pre paid credit card and $350.00 was taken. It was only late that I was advised by travelex that the money wouldn't be refunded for another 30 days. After contacting the lodge, it's till took days for a fax to be sent to travelex as hotel staff had forgot.

Anyway... The actual room itself was nice, although we didnt have any running water and had to change rooms (which was a pain as we had already unpacked).

The second room was as nice, but the last evening was spoiled due to the wedding that was been held at the lodge. The room next door was constantly been banged on (which went on till early hours) and the hot tub was occupied until after 11 with drunk kids.

Maybe we would have had a better stay if our room wasn't in the middle of the wedding party, and we didn't have to change rooms. Maybe hotel staff can consider this in the future.

Overall, the room was as expected and the staff were good.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael P
CRMRManagment, Sales Coordinator at Buffalo Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Buffalo Mountain Lodge. We would like to encourage guests to contact the Front Desk should there be any noise concerns during your stay. We do have night security at the hotel to deal with any such disturbances as we do wish all of our guests a good night sleep.
Many Thanks and Kind Regards,
Sales Coordinator for Buffalo Mountain Lodge

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Spent two nights over a weekend in July in a one bedroom suite.
The room was very spacious with a seperate bedroom with a king bed.
The living room had a fire place and couch and chairs. In the same area
there was a mini kitchen with stove, fridge and microwave and kitchen table.
The room was decent and clean but needs some updating. No a/c in the rooms so they were very HOT!! I expected more for
the cost of this place but it is Banff....

We were there for a wedding so we got to see a few different room styles and there
are some higher end rooms with nice views and claw foot tubs.

Lovely area for the wedding with spectacular views of the mountains for photo's (that is
if the feild is not already booked for another wedding party) The building that
held the ceremony/reception was lovely. Beautiful wood floors with a balcony looking out
over the lodge. The drinks/washrooms were located on the lower level. Stunning arragement of
wines behind glass cases in this area.

We only ate at the breakfast place and it was good. The buffet was hit or miss, great the first
day and not so good the second.

There is a large outdoor hot tub.

The entire area of the lodge is simply stunning with all the flowers and scenery and the perfect
place for a wedding or just weekend getaway.

I must mention the extrordinary service from the lady that served us drinks at the reception until midnight then was our server at breakfast the next day. She was so courteous and friendly and should be noticed as a model employee!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family