This is a beautiful hotel. The fire place and setting is superb. We had Deer and Elk wandering around the grounds which was great. The lobby is spectacular and although we only had breakfast there, it was very pricey.
The only issue is the bus to the ski slopes don't stop at this hotel. This means carrying skis and boots to the bus stop (which is just over the road) then getting off in town to get the bus to the hills. A bit of a pain at the end of the day! We did walk into town several days (not with skis) and it is a pleasant strole. Takes around 15 minutes.
The first night we were there the room was like a furnace as there had been a cold snap the week before. All heating turned off, we still cooked that night. Oh and I left a slice of pizza in its box on the side, saved for when we got back from skiing....when we got back the cleaner had taken it away....Gutted!!!!!!!! And we left some complimentary chocolates on the balcony on the first night as they had melted due to the furnace conditions. Again, they were gone the next day. Double whammy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Odigeo, Wotif.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge