“Yyaaassss!”
Review of Eddie Burger & Bar

Eddie Burger & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Burger & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 156 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came here for a solo meal. There was a group in front of me but the place was full so the wait time was around 20 minutes. I got seated immediately, cause was solo, by the bar which was perfect for watching the winter Olympics. I must say the atmosphere is absolutely lively and the bartenders and servers were a delight to talk to. The burger (i forget the name) and trashcan (yes that is a drink... Highly recommend it if u are not looking for something strong) were delicious. I am definetly returning here for more.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,126)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I can't wrap my head around the reviews. Did I come on an off day?
Pros:
-They texted us when our table was ready, so we were able to go to another bar for a drink while we waited.
-The milkshakes were decent and humungous.

Cons:
-The food! We had a bison burger and a chicken burger. The bison burger was rubbery and incredibly bland. I've never had a burger so bland. Like no flavor whatsoever. The chicken burger was mediocre; not terrible, not good. We also had the poutine, which we did not enjoy at all, but I'm starting to think we just don't have the taste buds for poutine, which is okay by me since we live in the states.
-Service: We were sat at the bar, and the bartender came across as way too cool for his job and the customers.
-Prices..Very high for a burger. But it is in Banff, so...

Overall, I just don't think this place is worth the wait and the money. We left feeling very annoyed that we wasted one of our few meals in Banff at this restaurant. I hope this was a fluke, but regardless, we won't be back next time we're in Banff.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Really nice burgers here, I had Elk - superb with blackberry jam as a layer in the toppings.- delicious. My daughter made her own and was very happy with the result.
Good service from Mandy - thanks.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My wife and I ate here while visiting Banff. We were hungry for a hamburger and Eddie Burger is a great spot if that's what you crave. It's just a burger joint and not gourmet dining so don't get too worked up about the place. The room is kinda tight and you'll probably be sitting on a bar stool instead of a cozy table. Their menu provides a fine selection of burgers and beer that pair nicely together. If you want some comfort food in a pub-like atmosphere then by all means check it out.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Stopped in Banff for lunch on our way to Lake Louise. Decided to try the burgers at the Eddie Burger Bar based on reviews. We were not disappointed. The burgers were great- our group tried a variety of items from the menu- the veggie burger, classic burger and a build your own with the elk patty. All were very good but the sweet potato fries stole the show. As a vegetarian, I appreciated that the veggie burger was different than what I usually can find- made with chickpeas and yam it was quite tasty but definitely a mushier texture than I am used to. It was quite crowded when we arrived around noon but we were seated promptly at one of the side tables. It was a bit cramped but we enjoyed being by the door and people watching. Our server was super nice and efficient. Based on our week of restaurant eating in Banff/Lake Louise it was one of the better meals we had. I agree with a previous reviewer- the small space was a bit uncomfortable and I felt a bit rushed since there was a line of people waiting to be seated. I suggest trying to go at off-peak times to avoid the crowds.