“Great Dinner and atmosphere”
Review of Sky Bistro

Sky Bistro
Ranked #6 of 156 Restaurants in Banff
Description: Sky Bistro is located in the new Banff Gondola summit building. Soar to the top of Sulphur Mountain in a gondola cabin to experience a stunning view of six incredible mountain ranges. Sky Bistro pairs the grandeur of the Rocky Mountains with a distinctly Canadian menu that features a handpicked selection of local meats, produce and ingredients. Raise a glass of craft beer from Banff or Canmore. Sip vodka and gin from Banff's only distillery. Taste fruits from farms across Alberta and B.C. and savour naturally-raised meats from Canmore and Central Alberta.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Fun atmosphere, chikayo was fun and engaged server. Highly recommended for something different. The food was good, we would visit again.

PursuitCollection, F&B Coordinator at Sky Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Dear Ssbarnes78,

Thank you for dining with us recently. We are truly glad you enjoyed the experience with us and appreciate your recommendation.

I have passed your feedback onto the Chikayo who appreciates your kind words.

We sincerely hope you are able to visit us again in the future and trust you enjoyed the remainder of your time in the Canadian Rockies.

Kind Regards,
Jessie Reid
Sky Bistro | Banff Gondola

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The gondola ride up sulfur mountain is really nice and the views from up top are amazing. The food and wine we had was delicious and perfectly cooked. Little bit pricey but the whole experience was completely worth it, you get what you pay for. Staff are all excellent too, highly recommend going up.

Dear Jakobes89,

Thanks for visiting the Sky Bistro.

I was pleased to read that you were able to enjoy a meal on top of a mountain, take in the views, and that the staff made it special experience.

We thank you for your kind recommendation and hope you get to return to Banff again soon. Until next time.

Kind Regards,
Jessie Reid
Sky Bistro | Banff Gondola

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch over the Easter weekend. The views, as expected were stellar and contributed to a good dining experience. Overall my food was very good. I had the striploin and salad. I did find the kids menu was rather simple and a bit lacking in variety. My daughter had the cheese burger and only ate a couple of bites. My son had the gnocchi and enjoyed it.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We got the two course meal plus gondola ride package. Unfortunately it was snowing and foggy, so we didn’t get much view on the ride or during the meal. I’m sure that is a big part of the whole experience. The staff was friendly and attentive. We had drinks, appetizers and a main entree. I didn’t find my scallops or my Arctic char to be particularly good. I think overall if it hadn’t been so foggy this would have been a pretty special experience. If not for the view, the restaurant is pretty much middle of the road.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked to have dinner here. We had a great night, the food was awesome, the service was great and the view was even better.