“Undercooked burger and lack of staff”
Review of The Fighting Cocks

The Fighting Cocks
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Arreton
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Fighting Cocks is an award winning family friendly Isle of Wight pub offering an excellent range of food and drink for all ages. From a hearty breakfast to start your day, to a light lunch or dinner, The Fighting Cocks offers an extensive menu and seasonal specials board with locally sourced fish, shellfish, meat, and vegetables to tempt every appetite and taste.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We went in to have a chilli burger and it came out pink in the middle and got pinker, I decided not to bother but couldn`t see any staff anyway. Very disappointed and won`t go back for a while.

1  Thank Chris F

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

What a lovely place! All of the staff very friendly and helpful. They say you get what you pay for, and I have to say it was one of the best meals I have had out in a long time!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Recommended to us by parkdean receptionist,we arrived but they were fully booked,however the guy on the door said if we could be quick to order he would get us a table as it was being used in about 45 mins,we ordered food and drinks,all the staff were friendly and helpful as my wife is in a wheelchair,the food arrived we couldn't believe the large size of portions,it was delicious,even my 2 grandchildren loved it,definitely a place to dine.wish it was near me.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Standard statement regarding this and all my reviews: I struggle with the Trip Advisor rating system because it does not provide a particularly granular method or any useful context for restaurant reviews (for example a 5 star review for a burger joint is very different to a 5 star review for a Michelin Starred establishment). In the context of a pub in a remote part of the Isle of Wight my view is as follows:

Sam, the owner, and his family (son and daughter manned the Ice Cream hut (see picture)) made us feel extremely welcome and could not have taken more trouble to make our visit a success. The pub itself is nothing to write home about in terms of decor but the service was friendly and the food was of a good standard for pub fare with crowd pleasers such as Southern Fried Chicken, Chilli Nachos as well as more traditional dishes like fish pie.

Worth stopping off if you are in the area.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

What a lovely place. The service was super quick and friendly and the food was super tasty and a-plenty for the price.

Yummy.