“Son's Birthday Meal”

The Mill Wheel
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Hartshorne
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Mill Wheel is now under new ownership. Please ignore reviews prior to 22nd January 2016. We offer quality food and drink in a friendly and cosy atmosphere. Please check out our website for more information. We hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 29 January 2018

My son and his wife have recently moved to the Swadlincote area and has been raving about the pubs and restaurants in the area, so we decided to try The Mill Wheel to celebrate his 33rd birthday.
Cosy country pub with a restaurant feel. The staff were very friendly and helpful from the start, we were shown to our table upstairs which was modern and the tables were well spaced.
The waitress was polite and friendly, she took our order for food and drinks, the service was promote but not rushed. I ordered the Grilled Halloumi Cheese to start which was very nice, my son ordered the same and was happy with his choice, my partner ordered the homemade tomato soup which he loved and my daughter-in-law ordered the muscles which was a generous portion.
My son and partner ordered the fish and chips which they both enjoyed although my partner did say the batter was a bit soggy, I chose the beef and ale pie which came with wonderful crispy homemade chips, the pie was slighly disappointing as the pastry was undercooke on the base and and the top was too crunchy, my daughter-in-law chose the chicken burger which she had had previously and she said it was good.
In all a good experience and would go again.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Where do i start?? It was just amazing!!
We had the special of slowly roasted duck and the risotto, they where both amazing.
It is not the first visit we have eaten here, and we always get a really warm welcome. It is always really good service, and the staff are really attentive. They also have my favorite Leffe beer. Couldn't wish for more.
Keep up the good work guys!!!

Thank Doug.c. r
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

From booking a table, to being greeted, to having a fabulous meal..... a great evening! The Manager is a lovely young man with bags of personality. He was friendly, bubbly and a fantastic host. The meal was excellent. By far my favourite local restaurant.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

My partner and I visited as a treat and had a lovely evening. Great building inside and out. The staff were attentive and polite, and the food was delicious. Would recommend for a special evening out.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 24 January 2018

A nice welcoming atmosphere, lovely staff and not overly busy. we came for sunday lunch and will return.

Date of visit: December 2017