“Not our favorite”
Review of Frida Restaurant

Frida Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Frida Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 159 Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Celebrating the legacy of the Mexican painter Frida Kahlo, Frida offers exceptional Mexican cuisine with a modern twist and live music.
Reviewed 3 August 2017

If there's a restaurant at Grand Velas that can be skipped, it's Frida. The food was very blah. I ordered the Tuna and it was very dry (overcooked). It didn't do much for us.

ExecAccount, EXECUTIVE CHEF at Frida Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for visiting our Mexican dining option Frida, and for sharing with us your comments and observations.

I regret that your dinner was not as you expected. Perhaps the overcooking of the tuna was one of the rare occasions that the cook was distracted; however this is no excuse for such a mishap and we do apologize for this. You can be assured that we have reinforced the training in this aspect, with the objective that our wait staff be more alert.

On behalf of the entire Frida restaurant team, we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and provide you, at that time, a dining experience that surpasses all your expectations. Please receive our best regards for an excellent summer.

ISAAC ESPARZA
EXECUTIVE CHEF
GRAND VELAS RIVIERA NAYARIT

Reviewed 23 July 2017

My family thoroughly enjoyed supper here. Best chips, salsa and guacamole. Catch of the day was light and filling. Kids dessert was a perfect.

I appreciate your kind words, which reflect the memorable dining experience that you and your family enjoyed in our fine-dining Mexican restaurant, Frida.

As you mentioned, we welcome our valued guests with an exquisite chips, salsa, and guacamole, three traditional appetizers of the Mexican food.

On behalf of the entire Frida restaurant team, we hope to have the honor of serving you again during your next visit to this beautiful paradise and indulging your palates with the exquisite culinary options for kids and adults that characterize us. Until such time, we send you our best wishes.

ISAAC ESPARZA
EXECUTIVE CHEF
GRAND VELAS RIVIERA NAYARIT

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is the whole package! We are here twice and next trip we'll be here nightly! We had Carlos as our server the first night and requested him again because of his attention to detail, fabulous service and charisma, and his deep knowledge of the menu. The manager Hector also went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. The turkey mole is out of this world and I'll be dreaming about it until our next visit to Nayarit!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Great night with great food, had the sea bass and it was fantastic, Chef Jamie was the cook and he did a wonderful job. our waitress was Abi and she keep our glasses full and every need satisfied, and the overall person in charge of the dining area was Capitain Juan who ensured that we were very well taken care of...if I return on another trip Frida's will be my first stop for dinner the service was fantastic

Reviewed 30 May 2017

I enjoyed my visit to Frida. I only sampled a few items, but they have enitrely new menu so it is worth trying more. I had the charred avocado with ant eggs, and it was good - but then my American mind kind of messed with me after. NO reason, it was in my head. I also had the sea bass which was wonderful. And, gotta get the mexican coffee -- it is a show and a drink!