“Expectations can make for disapointments” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ocean Breeze Nuevo Vallarta

Ocean Breeze Nuevo Vallarta
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Vancouver Canada
“Expectations can make for disapointments”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Goods and not so goods;
I trusted my new travel agent Leanne at (ask me where and I'll tell you) to find us something nice that wasn't pricey on short notice and she didn't let me down.
The cab took us to the wrong place because there is some confusion with the name, it's Sea Garden/Ocean Breeze. Very friendly front desk, it took 3 trys before we finally got a bed large enough for both of us to sleep on, 2 people on a twin just dosn't work for me however it was dealt with in a friendly, timely manner. Food variety was good and very enjoyable. Service and friendliness overall was the best I have had in a long time especially the restuarant staff, they always seemed to be happy to see us. If your looking for lots of food variety and crappy service try Holland America, if your looking for decent food and great service, this is the place. We went there to do nothing but relax and that is exactly what we did. There is not much to do at the hotel even though there says there is in the write up •Golf - driving range on site (not) •Golf lessons on site (not) •Horse riding/rental on site (not) •Parasailing on site (not) •Pilates classes on site (not) •Running track/path on site (not) but on the other hand the place hardly had anybody there at all, no fighting for a beach lounge or place to sit, no waiting for food etc.
After check out we had about 7 hours to airport time, they allowed us to stay and feed us at no charge. If I had to change a few things it would have been nice to have the sheets changed while we were there, we had turn down service twice in the 6 days (not that I care but if your expecting it, don't). I think the only short coming was the room cleaning staff and they were still an 8 out of 10.
This is not a place for a party animal. All in all would I recommend this place, absolutly. If your a complainer you will be disapointed here, not much to complain about.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the "marina" side, lots of road noise and they don't have room...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MCtrainer

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband and i are looking forward to just getting away... We are heading there March 23rd dor 6 days... I am looking forward to going, what things are around the resort to go look at... we dont want to venture too far away from the resort.. we are really just going for some R&R were not big partiers or shoppers.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CanadaDesi
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Just got back from the Sea Garden/Ocean breeze hotel. We had purchased the all inclusive package for 4 nights. Was not sure what to expect, but as soon as we arrived, we knew this was the right choice. The hotel exceeded all our expectations. I have traveled to PV about 12 times and this property was the best by far. The staff was just amazing. The food was very good, way better than the Riu. The grounds were a tropical delight and the pool was the warmest pool I have ever been in south of the US border. Check in was a quick and easy and we were pool side enjoying some delicious margaritas within 20 min of arriving.

The best part of the trip was the staff. They do not know the word no at this resort and will do everyhing to make you happy. I just cant say enough about the helpful, friendly staff. Edgar, Fernando, Anahi, Efrain and Hermilo and the rest of the gang at Rumba restaurant, thanks for making this the best vacation ever. The guys at the swim up bar made us some great drinks
and the service could not have been better.

Our room was spotless and always kept neat and clean through out our stay.
The A/C was a little noisy but at night it was cool enough just to leave the ceiling fan on.
One thing that needs to be addressed is the internet service. The hotel charges 170 pesos for 24 hours, and the service is really very slow. I feel this charge is WAY to high period. This was really my only complaint about this property. Also, the property is kinda on the quiet side, and tends to cater to an older crowd, so if you are looking for some wild party place, this resort is not it. I describe it this way; this resort is not a Carnival fun ship, its more like a Holland America cruise.... hope that makes sense.

I would go back to the Ocean Breeze in a heart beat. We loved our stay there

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TropicaLAguy
northern michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Let me begin by saying after I booked this hotel I was a bit skeptical due to some of the reviews, but I will say none of the negative ones held any truth during our stay. What a bargain and the best food I have ever had at an all inclusive. You were catered to on the beach at the pool or in the restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed our 10 night 11 day stay at the ocean breeze.

Room Tip: Make sure you try Eddies a couple blocks away and venture into Bucerius a graet little fishing villa...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sunsearcher10
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

WARNING: Please be aware at the airport - The line ups are really long and everything happens very quickly - Once you go through customs, claim your luggage etc you walk through a hallway with a bunch of guys dressed in white uniforms - they ask you which hotel you are staying at and direct you to your bus, once you leave that area, there is another hallway that looks the same, however the guys there (also dressed in white uniforms) are trying to sell you timeshares and in our instance they didn't tell us that. He tried to get us to go to some random parking lot where there would be a car waiting for us...Thankfully we booked our vacation with sunquest an knew we had a bus waiting for us so we walked away from that guy.

Overall this hotel is very well maintained. Our rooms were cleaned 2-3 times a day and inspected by the supervisor, which we found odd at times, because it means someone or the other is always in our room-but after we realized how much sand we were dragging in the rooms and on the beds..we really appreciated them cleaning so often.

The room itself was just beautiful - My boyfriend asked the guy at the front desk for an ocean view room and he happened to have one available so he upgraded us at no extra charge! The washroom was big compared to most other hotels we've stayed in, and the marble floors were a nice touch! As well there is a small balcony where you can enjoy the view of the ocean.

The beach was amazing. It was rough most of the time, but we still managed to go for a swim when the flag was yellow. (The hotel had a traffic light system to let you know when it was okay to swim in the sea) The best part of the beach were the dolphins - they would swim in pairs and once in a while jump up and around -they were fun to watch. There are quite a few vendors on the beach - it gets annoying when they follow you but you get used to ignoring them-also they are wayyyy overpriced! we got better souvenirs at the airport.

The food and drinks at the a la carte snack bar were delicious! We had the nachos, tacos and quesadillas almost everyday! Oh and margaritas! We tried the buffet restaurant as well - but we didn't care much for it. it was okay for breakfast, when they made fresh waffles, quesadillas and omelets, but the dinner wasn't too great. The staff weren't as friendly at the buffet restaurant - seemed like there was a lot of them there yet we were always waiting on drinks to be refilled or waiting to sign for the bill. (you have to sign for every drink and meal but you don't get charged for anything)

The only downside to this hotel was the lack of entertainment. During the day, you could play bingo, do water aerobics or play volleyball - however there was no nightly entertainment at the hotel. You could buy tickets to events like a beach party or other excursions though.
I would still go back because it was so relaxing and the beach and the food were just amazing!

Room Tip: Request an ocean view room - it really makes a big difference!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple