See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

They put us in “the last available room”, terrible noise isolation, we were next to a group of friends which did not stop making noise, we called the front desk at 11:30pm to let them know, they send security and did not manage to make them low the tv volume and screaming in the corridor, at 12:30am we called again and security went up again, we felt asleep,at 1:00am we were awoken by tv noise, called again front desk and told them we wanted another room and suddenly they were able to get us one far from the noisy group... found unacceptable been unable to sleep because of the noise and management unable to control noise level at their facilities, they could have put us in a room far from the group in the first place or provide us with that solution from the first call they received from us. Just avoid staying here if you’re on business and need to have a restful night sleep.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Had I known I would have been met by unfriendly, rude front desk staff due to my 3am arrival I would have just slept at the airport. During a high demand season I didn't want to risk getting turned away from the best hotels on the strip so I reserved at Castelo. Arriving with a family member who was waiting in the car, I had the security walk me back inside like a criminal due to the fact he was not on the reservation. After charging me about the price of the room for 1 extra person and watching me get out of the car, you would think he would have left me alone buy no. He began to rush me to my room as we walked up the stairs..what a joke. Any other hotel you will not have this problem. The rooms are outdated, dirty and this place is supposed to be new? Never coming here again.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Arturo V
Reviewed 20 September 2015

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel, the rooms were tidy and the staff helpful. While I went out to see some work related stuff my wife was able to go to the mall that is crossing the street. The only thing I would have liked is that it had a beach. I recommend the Brunch on sunday.

Room tip: Choose a room with pool view.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GerenciaCastelo, Gerente at Castelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2015

Dear John L,
Thank you for your comments and feedback on your last stay with us.
We are glad to know that you and your wife enjoyed our facilities as well as our brunch and we hope to see you soon again with us in Castelo Hotel.

Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

I am a regular traveller to Boca del Rio, usually booking at IHG Hotels, however due to the high season I was forced to experiment.

The hotel in general has a nice appearance, the rooms are clean and cozy.

My bad experience started with the unexperienced or untrained personnel. I checked in at 8:00pm, after a 8hr driving trip, just to find out that the pool closes at 8:00pm. The given reason for closing the pool this early was that it's normal here in Veracruz. However, last time I stayed at Holiday Inn, we stayed late at night in the indoor-temperature-controlled pool. I understand this, my kids don't!!!

The room's safe had no batteries (the bell boy told me in advance), however no action was taken before we entered to the room.

The hot water had a long delay to flow in the 4th floor.

Basically my feedback for the hotel is to improve customer satisfaction by training the staff in focusing in the guest.

My suggestion for the travelers, if you are looking for an exciting lodging, choose another hotel (A franchise one: IHG or Hilton), while you are traveling the less problems you have is better. The price vs the service is no worth it!!

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2014

I enjoyed the hotel and the restaurant. It is located in a very good place to go walking around. The beach is close by and there are many places to go shopping. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: September 2014
1  Thank Far_Beyond_Me
GerenciaCastelo, Gerente at Castelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2014

Dear Mr Far Beyon,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about you stay with us, comments like these motivate us to continue in our efforts to provide the best service. We are glad that you enjoy our service and facilities and we hope to see you back soon here at your home out of home.