“Freedom”
CASITA TO THE RIGHT ABOVE THE HOME
BRICK DOME IN LIVING ROOM
YAKING WITH BUDDIES [taken from deck of home]
FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN
HOW REMOTE? TAKE A LOOK.....
APPROACHING THE HOME. CASITA NEAR PALMS
BLUE HERON IN TIDEPOOL NOV 2012
MORNING MOON OVER THE SEA NOV 2012
SITTIN' IN THE WAVES
ULTIMATE BODY SURF
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

mariaH800...
Vail, Arizona
“Freedom”
Reviewed 9 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Wanting a little adventure? Wanting a bit of solitude? Wanting a beautiful, beachside getaway? Well, this is THE PLACE. Nowhere else have I been in the world where I feel completely relaxed, have miles of beach to explore with no one else around, have had so many seashells to collect, have kayaked with dolphins just inches away, have eaten fresh seafood and produce, have gotten to know and adore the local people, and have just BEEN. And… our dog was even allowed to go too!! She spent hours on the beach trying to catch the blue crabs. This is a paradise for both children and adults. To quote my ten year old daughter, “We’re free here.” And it’s true. This place has a sense of freedom I’ve felt nowhere else. We highly recommend Boni and Milo’s casita in Santo Tomas. There is absolutely no reason to be hesitant about traveling to Santo Tomas because of what you hear in the media regarding crime in Senora Mexico. This was our second trip. We have never been hassled, frightened, or even felt uncomfortable. In fact, we have experienced just the opposite. Getting there was easy. We were treated with respect at all the checkpoints and no one ever asked for money. Once there, when we asked the local fishermen about buying crab, they returned that late afternoon with 2 kilos of shelled, amazing crab at a ridiculously low price. The next morning, we were brought 4 huge melons from the local fields at no charge. I’ve truly enjoyed brushing up on my Spanish and regard the people of local edijio with the utmost respect. They are genuine. And, a vacation here really is authentic. Two notes: 1) it is good to be prepared for weather that can quickly change during monsoon season, and 2) the kayacks are a heavy hall back up from the beach. So make sure you reserve some energy during the day.

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: only getting the sand out of the car upon return home
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Management Response
9 Oct 2015
We are so happy to see you return and learn to love this part of Mexico as much as we do. See you again soon....
TSmith381
Buckeye, Arizona
“I will be back-so relaxing and fun!!”
Reviewed 24 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

My 14 year old son, myself, and our dogs traveled to Mexico from AZ to get away from the hustle of our everyday lives. I was a tad bit nervous at first, but there was absolutely no reason to be. Once in Puerto Penasco, we stopped at Sams to get some supplies and drove around the town and took in the sights. The fishing wharf was great, and showing my son the schools and the way of life elsewhere, was an great experience for us both. (by the way get gas here, no other gas stations for hours). The roads are being worked on, but wasn't as bad as I thought based upon other reviews. We also stopped at the local market once we got to Santo Tomas and purchased our avocados, chips, tortillas, peppers and tomatoes. Great prices, plus it helps the locals out. We stayed in the casita, and loved it. Absolutely, nothing wrong with it. The air worked, showers were great, we had TV, no cable or no internet, which was fine with me!! I do wish I would have packed some movies for my son to watch at night though. The scenery from the rooftop was amazing, the water was great, we saw dolphins on several occasions, and used the kayaks a few times as well, both on rough days and calm days. Be prepared to get some exercise carrying these kayaks up and down the dunes, though! We made friends with Milo and Bonnie's neighbors, who are awesome and my son even went sailing with them. We collected sand dollars and just really enjoyed our time at their place. I wish I could come visit every weekend it was so great. I would just remind others who travel with their animals to watch the sand temperature, anytime after 10 am, it gets really hot and it is difficult for them to make it back up the dunes. Also, watch the water on the the patio and when you use it, the bees love the moisture. Nothing but great things to say about this place, everything was 100% PERFECT!!!! The beds are very comfy too!! I could go on and on, but I think you can get my point. It was one of the best vacations, thanks for sharing your home with us.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Walking on the beach collecting shells
Liked least: having to go home
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Rubio0621...
Sun city
“wonderful amazing home and location...”
Reviewed 4 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

I want to truly say thank you so much Milo & Bonnie for the beautiful beach home. Thanks a million.
If you are considering rent this home you should. Milo and Bonnie answered all our questions we had before the trip. Even though I had a lot and kept emailing them they never seemed to be bothered and always emailed me back. They informed us of all the places to buy seafood, the stores and who to contact if we needed anything. We rented both the Casita and Hacienda and everyone loved both homes. They are equipped with everything you need. The AC runs great and still the rooms had fans. We watched Netflix with the smart box they had in the living room. The location was perfect, there was miles of beach to ourselves. No one to bother you. We left our chairs and canopies down at the beach and never had a problem. The kayaks were so much fun. We got to see dolphins one day we were on them. The beach is so nice especially when the tide goes out. One day the whole family caught crab and cooked it for dinner. It was amazing. We cant express how much fun it was. Thanks again for letting us enjoy your vacation home. We are already planning on taking some family friends next year.

Liked best: beach
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Management Response
4 Aug 2015
We are so happy to see you drive clear from California to stay in our home and learn you are a "5 Star" rater.... Looking forward to hanging with you when you come back next year.
MillyGu
Phoenix, Arizona
“We came, we saw, we had a blast!!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

We arrived at the house a few hours after sundown, but getting in was easy, we had a key. We unpacked and fell into a coma like sleep. The journey was long. When we woke up the next morning and discovered that the tide was out we migrated to the beach and it seemed like the tide had retreated all the way to China! Our two girls plodded into the warm water like baby sea turtles bent on a reunion with long lost relatives. They spent so much time in the water that I think I saw gills behind one of their ears. The ten days we spent there were filled with beach combing, swimming, star gazing and day dreaming. We kayaked with dolphins and swam with what must have been ten thousand jelly fish. ( don't worry, they don't sting ) On freshly exposed sand bars, we dug for sand dollars, and boy did we find some! -even a couple of whale ribs. The army of crabs that guard this little slice of paradise didn't protest our presence, too much. We stayed in the casita and it seemed like it was made just for us. Milo and Boni are awesome people, Real people, the kind who have no enemies and the whole world is their friend. Milo and I shared a couple of beers and a couple more stories and Boni is one of the most kind hearted people I've ever met. Great job guys, Thank you! I've been to Rocky Point a hundred times or more but I've never had a more fulfilling experience than the one I had in Santo Tomas. "I'll be back" -Cheers,

The Guthries.

Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children
Elisa M
El Paso, Texas
“Excellent! Familiar, Fun, Romantic”
Reviewed 4 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

This place is one of the best in Mexico, definitely the perfect place to spent Quality Time with family, spouse/partner.
The fact that is not open to vendors and general public its great.
Experience with nature awesome, dolphins were so friendly.
Owners provides the place with all the details it makes you feel like your are home right next to the beach.

Liked best: Dolphins experience
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing