See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

We have stay there for 2 days. The rooms are adequate in size. I find this hotel to be a little dirty for being so new. The first day the security guard was being obnoxious, he wouldn't leave us alone I guess needed a tip so my wife took out 50 pesos and gave it to him so we can get rid of the him. I suspected that the seats weren't changed because it didn't smell fresh and were wrinkled. It was a towel hanging in the bathroom and I examined it and I found it to have some kind of Mark on it what the hair I mean we just got there so wasn't I hear from us. The carpet was too back to my think because it was a little dirty. Things got interesting the next morning when we woke up we went downstairs for the free breakfast we got there before the shutdown an hour which is 10 a.m. and there was hardly any warm food there was a very little serving of scrambled eggs and there was a lady that work there standing in the area and I asked her if it was going to be more for us to have. She said that we could probably share it. So that's what we did so it was just enough both of us it was now 10 a.m. that's the time when they supposedly close the dining area. Some people came in and she was more friendly to them and ask them if they wanted more eggs so a few minutes went by and your comes another freshly made eggs that made me a little pissed off. Because the big fat lady never offered to make some eggs for us. So I told my wife just get me more and serve me a lot. I left those eggs hardly touched and walked away. The price of this hotel room is not cheap for being Mexico. You would suspect that people their native people could hardly afford to stay here. That's it for my review I'm neither disappointed or happy to have stayed at the city Express Hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
analuisa0609, Gerente at City Express Hermosillo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Kimi

I apreciatte your comments about our service.

I deeply regret the service you received from our staff, I inform you that the necessary corrections have already been made to prevent this from happening again in the future.

We hope to have you back soon in City Express Hermosillo.

Sincerely

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

If you are arriving just for business and maybe if you are introverted maybe..but just maybe you would like this hotel.
You can find a ridiculous meals and an small gym, the basic amenities like WiFi, TV, climate, and cleaning rooms

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2017

I travel a lot more than the 'Average Joe'. Do you see the word play there? :) This location is nice, and has all the amenities you're going to want with a good location. The mattresses are a little firm for my liking.

I'm not a fan of their breakfast but who are we kidding? You should be able to find a decent breakfast spot restaurant near.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I've stayed in four different hotels in Mexico, and this one is definitely the best when all things are considered: price, cleanliness, service, amenities, noise level, and so on. Really, I had no complaints about this place at all, though I will say some of their breakfast offerings were a bit random (tortilla chips and Romaine lettuce?) and very little is labeled (is that shredded coconut or shredded cheese?). One nice touch about this place is that they use a lot of compostable or otherwise earth-friendly products at their breakfast buffet. If location is a consideration, City Express is very close to a lot of Hermosillo's attractions, like its oldest restaurant (Restaurant Xochimilco) and Plaza Zaragoza.

For people used to U.S. or Canadian hotels, be warned that City Express has much firmer mattresses than you're used to. I had no problem sleeping on them--in fact, I got some very good, restful sleep--but for some that might be a deal-breaker. I think these firmer mattresses are pretty standard in Mexico, so if you insist on softer ones, try the Hampton Inn to the east of this place.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2016

Sometimes you have the time to take risks and find something local, but sometimes you have to play it safe and City Express was a safe choice. The room was very cozy, my kids loved the place so much that they wanted to stay another night even though there was no pool. It's business oriented but my family enjoyed the stay. Free wifi and parking.

Weather was favorable so we didn't need to use the AC at all.

My only problem was that I booked through despegar.com and they didn't seem to have registered my reservation at all, but it was a non-issue because they did respect the discount offered with no questions asked.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family