“OK food with slow service”

Garufa Restaurante Argentino
Ranked #14 of 329 Restaurants in Aguascalientes
Price range: USD 17 - USD 28
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Empanadas, Ensaladas, Pastas y Cortes tipo argentino acompañados por Vino de Mesa
Reviewed 11 February 2017

I was in Aguascalientes for work, and we were invited to the place to eat.

In general I didn't have any problems with the food it was OK, the problem was that it took ages for it to arrive at our table, and the restaurant wasn't even full.

We had Provoleta Cheese to share as a starter, I liked it, and I do recommend it but for sharing not only for one.

I also had a Spinach Patty that was OK, not amazing though. The patty was well cooked, soft and thin and liked that the spinach flavor was there, strong but not overwhelming.

And for the main dish I had "Vacio", again it was good not great and it comes only with onions and chile serrano, nothing else so the same flavor can be tiring IMHO.

I try to be as objective as possible when writing a review, it's just that I've been to better Argentinian Restaurants that are cheaper, the food is better and the services is faster.

To be fair I can't compare to other places in Aguascalientes because I'm not from there so maybe it is great restaurant there.

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Very tasty meat and friendly service. Try the verdure assada with your meat. A plate of various vegetable. As dessert the cops helada- vanilla ice cream mixed with whiskey and nuts. Perfect evening

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Since I live in Guadalupe, Zacatecas, we often go to this restaurant which also is well known for it¨s steak, but I prefer the clam chowder soup and lazzania instead. The locals come here to eat lunch or dinner and is very popular spot. The restaurant was originally established in Aguascalientes, and have established a restaurant here in Guadalupe , Zacatecas.

This restaurant is located along federal highway 45 close to the
Honda dealer.

Most taxi drivers knows this restaurant as it is well known for its
food.

They have valet service for car parking.

Definite a good choice of restaurant. There is a romantic bar
next to the restaurant and there is a smoking area for dining
at this restaurant.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Service was fast and amicable. We had Vacío, Tira de Asado boneout, Ice Salad, asparagus, and other dishes. Everything was cooked right and delicious!

Reviewed 23 April 2016

It's good being hungry and having spend 2 days with vegetarian food. I found Aguascalientes rich in Argentinian restaurants (in comparison with other mexican cities). There a few branches of Garufa in Ags. You won't be disappointed as long as you don't return twice a day. You get what you expect. Nothing more.