2,342 results
All reviewsduck pondgroupon deallog fireleisure facilitiesjacuzzi bathmanager waynefour poster bedquiz nightevening mealreception areadog friendly hotelvenisontwo nightsthree course mealbreakfast was buffet stylelake districtfamily room
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with partner and granddaughter we all really liked it. The room was nice the breakfast lovely and we had one evening meal which we also really enjoyed. I loved the ducks visiting at the window while we had breakfast. But the best part about the stay was how friendly and helpful the staff were. Well done to them all.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
The_ManagerSLH, Manager at Damson Dene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Many thanks for staying! We always appreciate lovely reviews, so thanks for taking the time for that as well. All of the staff really appreciate your kind comments about their helpfulness and friendliness. We hope to welcome you back in the future! Thank you.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I spent one night at Damson Dene hotel and had what I can honestly describe as the worst night sleep!

First of all whilst in my room I could smell the cigarette smoke. It turned out to be coming from under my door from outside (door leading to outside "fire escape" balcony was open in front of my room no. 23). Despite closing the outside door smell still lingered in the hallway so I resulted to putting the pillows to cover the gap at the bottom of my room door.

When I went to use the shower it worked for about 2 mins and then just stopped. I had to get out of the shower and call reception for someone to check what was going on. Another few mins later the water just appeared so I was able to use the shower. And another 15min later someone came to check what was the issue with water. At no point there was as little as simple apology from either receptionist or maintenance guy which I'd expect as a basic part of customer service.

Trying to go to bed to sleep was what I can only describe as torturous experience... The noises and sounds that carried on pretty much the whole night were so disturbing I managed to get on and off no more than 3hrs of sleep! People's voices coming from what seems like every corner of the room, water pipes making noise throughout the night... and to top it all fire alarm sensor above the bed started flashing so bright for no reason in the middle of the night that you'd think someone was turning the lights on and off!

My stay was business related and I had to be up at 5am the following morning. Needless to say I didn't get up feeling rested ready for the day...

I travel around UK a lot and stay in various hotels throughout the country but this was by far the worst experience I've had! Therefore I would like a full refund for my stay. No hotel at this level of "comfort" can justify charging £90 per night!
No response from either hotel manager or director. Explains the level of service you get... "Leading by example".

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

We are very disappointed to read this review. Needless to say, it is not at all what we want for our guests. If any correspondence was sent to us following the stay, we sadly never received it. If possible, please send a message to stay@damsondene.co.uk so we can sort it asap. Many thanks.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights in total. It was the final leg of our travelling holiday and I wanted a little bit of luxury on the last leg and this hotel certainly gave us that. We booked the supreme double room and this was worth it with a 4 poster double bed and a Jacuzzi bath included. Full buffet breakfast is also included in this too. The furniture and bathroom was a little worn out and in need somewhat of a refurbishment. Overall very nice hotel with fantastic facilities but the restaurant menu was very limited too which found ourselves eating from the bar menu every night.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
The_ManagerSLH, Manager at Damson Dene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your review. We're so pleased to have factored into your travelling holiday and we really appreciate your lovely comments about your stay. We have taken on board your feedback about the restaurant menu. The thinking behind a smaller menu for the restaurant is to focus on a few, exceptional seasonal options. As you say, the bar menu is definitely much larger and should cater to people looking for a less formal pub meal. Thanks again!

Reviewed 6 June 2018

I sometimes think I occupy a parallel universe to other reviewers. Either their expectations are way too high or i'm being overly uncynical, but I can find little to fault with Damson Dene. Sure, some rooms in the old house - where we were - might need a bit of a makeover, but any slight issues were mitigated by the size of the room (huge), the four-poster and the general cleanliness.

The food was fine, including superb buffet breakfasts, the view from the dining room and bar, splendid. The pool and facilities were a nice bonus, but best of all, the staff - all of them - were courteous, helpful and incredibly friendly. Special mention must go to the lady on the desk, whose name I didn't get, but whose sociability and general good-natured bonhomie were second to none.

She, probably more than anything else at Damson Dene, made me want to return.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steve w
The_ManagerSLH, Manager at Damson Dene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Lovely to read your comments! We think maybe it is the other reviewers who occupy an alternative universe, but we appreciate the comments from everyone, regardless of what planet they are from! All of the staff are particularly delighted to have such lovely comments about them. All of our reception team fit your description so it's hard to pinpoint exactly who you are referring to. They all thank you anyway. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I Won't bor You all with qhat i found at The above hotel basically dont Stay here its dirty old and dated all beds are falling To bits and The site needs much renovation.

The Start We're quite friendly however The goods didn't match a 3star hotel every let down and a price of 97.20 per night I Won't be returning end of....

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Stuart G

We're obviously very disappointed to read this review. Staff did everything they could, offered different rooms or a stay in one of our sister properties. In the end, the guest decided to leave and we were only too happy to give them a full refund for their troubles.