“Ate there twice in three days!!”
Review of Paco Taco

Paco Taco
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 September 2016

We've been eating at Taco Paco since they opened in 2005. We're in Puerto Aventuras evere year, and Akumal, also. Taco Paco is so simple, but so AWESOME!!! We arrived in Cancun at noon Sunday, rented a car and made the drive towards Akumal. Aventuras is on the way, we were hungry and thirsty, so we stopped in. We ordered 2 fish tacos and 2 shrimp tacos. I walked to the newly improved convenience store and picked two Coronas out of the ice bin. By the time I walked back the food was ready. When you order a taco at Paco, you really get two: 2 tortillas and two pieces of fish or shrimp with each one ordered. Great tempura batter, crunchy exterior, especially if you have them add coconut to the batter. Condiment bar has slaw, tarter, spicy tarter, cucumbers, onion, limes, and several salsa. Heaven, I'm in heaven! The prices posted on the pic above are before the Peso devaluated vs. the dollar. Now the price in pesos is almost doubled but it still works out to about $2.00 each American. So for $8.00 we had a fabulous lunch plus $2.00 for 3 beers, ice cold.

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

We were here two years ago, and I did not forget it. It did not let me down this time! I had the fish/coconut tacos. They were tremendous! I ordered 2 and could have been good with 1. I did not realize that there was going to be two huge pieces of fish on each one. They didn't even fit on the tortilla, and they were superb!

Reviewed 9 February 2016

This is a tiny place next door to the gas station at the entrance to Puerto Aventuras. If you're looking to eat before heading out for an afternoon, or are hungry after hitting the beach or cenotes, I definitely recommend stopping. It's a favourite stop for dive groups and professional divers after a cenote trip, and you'll usually find a couple of ex-pat locals hanging out there as well. They have beef and chicken for any members of your group who don't like seafood, and there's also a Subway in the same shopping center for anyone who really doesn't like Mexican food!!

Reviewed 25 January 2016

We were a week in PA and we came here 3 times. The shrimp is one of the best I have ever had. The price is very affordable. Definitely a must. It is outside the gates on the right side, next to the gas station. Nice walk.....

Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

Must stop when visiting PA...hidden gem by gate & Pemex..coconut shrimp tacos at $44 pesos are to die for...best value on the Mayan..lovely Mexican ladies running the shop..we are addicted and stopping by every few days.