1,668 results
All reviews intercontinental presidente mexican fiesta pool view towel man mary lou pool bar fiesta night cigarette butts directly across the street activities staff yogurt water aerobics mexican food ocean front beach volleyball playa linda nachos
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I live 4 hours far from Ixtapa, so I visit this place almost every year from last 25 years. I have never repeat a hotel and I been tried several places from Zihuatanejo to Meliá. From all of them, Palmar beach is my favorite because is open sea, about 1 mile long, the waves are strong but not so high, the water is warm and clean and the sand is so fine. This Hotel has a perfect location; close to Restaurants, Market is also very close. The room we had was kind of modern, two beds (even when we were just 2), and comfortable, room had ocean view with good size. It could have been cleaner, under beds hadn't been cleaned in a while. No in room Fridge, which was a problem. The Staff were good, Pleasant, and friendly. Entertainment Staff were Wonderful, and Bartenders also polite and friendly. One big problem was than one of the 2 elevators was out of order, we were in 9th floor and visit our room was a really big issue because we had to spend a lot of time waiting for the elevator. Another problem was that it seems the Hotel had not enough staff, so the personal in the restaurants were not able to handle the number of people that were in that time. In the buffet, several plates were empty and the waiters were always in a hurry and tired, even when they were trying to be nice. I think, this Hotel, as other I have visited, try to save money by low maintenance and hiring few personal. The food and beverage service were average, nothing else. I think I will still searching a better option to stay in that beach.

2  Thank Miguel-Torres-Cisner
BVerones, Gerente at Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Miguel-Torres-Cisner,

Let me say congratulations on choosing our resort to take a break, and I am happy because he lived a pleasant experience at our beach El Palmar from Ixtapa and could visit other places outside our hotel that are just across the street.
It is also a pride to know that our great team of collaborators made it feel very good.
Your comments are of high value to us and have been shared with the team to reinforce the work in all areas of opportunity and to avoid this type of incidents in the future.
Thanks again for taking the time to let us know your experience and we will be happy to see you again very soon on your next visit.

Bernard Verones / General Manager.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

We stayed at the resort Feb 1 to 8, 2018. Check in was smooth. We got a lovely room with a wonderful view. The room and the overall resort were very clean and well kept. The staff were freindly and the drinks were excellent. What was missing in all of this is the food quality...extremely poor. I read previous comments on the abundance of Mexican food and I was really looking forward to it, but 90% of it is not the Mexican food I recognized. Onions, hot and bell peppers, cactus bits and all manner of sauces that ran the gamut from hot to blistering hot. Both of us got the trots and some vomiting. It really spoiled our time. How can you do anything if you are sitting on a toilet seat! Overall a very disappointing holiday. We should have seen red flags when the hotel put signs by the salad and fruit trays saying "hotel not responsible for consumption of raw food"!

Room tip: If you go despite the bad reviews, pay extra for the ocean view or ocean front room

Dear BigCliff

First of all I would like you to know that all of our food and beverage procedures are governed by the high processes of the high standards of hygiene controlled by the official rules of the distinctive H day to day so our purchasing department is involved along with Our suppliers bring fresh and quality products, all products are filtered from their arrival and subject to a disinfection process. We are a hotel that we regularly have a high influx of families for the success of our property.
In our property you find various services such as, shop, massages, photography, tours and we also have at your disposal the medical service.
We remain at your entire disposal waiting to receive you and greet you personally on your next visit.
Regards,
Bernard Verones/ General Manager

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a beautiful week at the Holiday Inn Ixtapa. It was so great to see all of the improvements that this resort has taken on in only a year. The rooms were all remodeled and especially the bathrooms and showers updated replaced with new sinks, glass shower doors, flooring repairs all nicely done. The new main pool was bigger, cleaner, and the small children very much appreciate the slide and water bucket.

Activities were back on track this year and all the entertainment group went out of their way to make sure everyone was having fun. New stuff to do this year too.

Food was good and plentiful, and the Fiesta night on Sat. was a big hit as normal. The snack bar was good, we were wishing the restaurant overlooking the ocean was open a few more mornings for breakfast but the staff made either place welcoming. Pool bar was great as always and the guys did an awesome job! Sports bar was fun as well.
The rooms were well kept every day. Our rooms were pretty much all available when we got there and we arrived early in the day so that was a plus as well. Weekends were a little busier as usual but we got to know new families thru kids and activities which made it even more fun. Sadly we're back in the cold now but will be back next year for another adventure. The only person we really missed was Jorge as he was the one who got us coming back year after year to this resort. We were not real happy with the direction it was going but Jorge always took care of ANY issues we had and saw we were taken care of so we returned on his word and I'm so glad we listened to him and trusted him. We really missed seeing you Jorge thank you so much for everything!
Thank you Holiday Inn for a great vacation!

THE DAY FAMILY

Trip type: Travelled with family
BVerones, Gerente at Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear kkd322,

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Booked the Holiday Inn February 2018 after seeing some decent reviews about the Resort.
The location is perfect, Great Beach, close to Restaurants (Thank Goodness), Market is also very close.

The room we had was o.k., Bed was King size, and comfortable, room was a bit on the smaller side, but manageable. It could have been cleaner, the sliding patio doors hadn't been cleaned in a while. No in room Fridge, which was a problem, there was ice buckets and an ice machine close by at least.

After travelling for 10 years now and staying at different resorts every time, I'd have to say the food at the Holiday Inn was the WORST I've ever encountered. The fruit at breakfast was the best part, pancakes were decent, and it was nice when they served breakfast sausages, and omelettes were also good. The rest was Not So Good. A lot of Unknown dishes served, and who wants to have Wiener's served again and again. Lunches were awful, very poor selection, and nothing appetizing, in the buffet restaurant. The snack bar with burgers, hot dogs and chicken was not very good either. For suppers at the buffet it was just as disappointing. Overall very poor looking dishes served, and no selection.

Its a good thing there was Quality restaurants across the street; Generals, Franks Place, Ruebens Burgers, Dianna's, and many more that we visited since the Buffet was so bad.
The thought of eating at the Buffet made my appetite go away.
Also spoke to others at the resort and airport and the feeling was the same.My Cousin stayed at the Holiday Inn a couple years prior and said it was Great. What happened? They must have lost some Quality Staff of something else happened, because it was not a good experience.

The Saturday Night Mexican Fiesta was very well done, the food was very good, Staff were wonderful, and also Great Entertainment. So they planned for that BIG night and did very well, but the rest of the week was not good at all.

I'm not the type to complain, and feel that I'm not terribly fussy, but the food Experience at the Holiday Inn, Ixtapa, was the worst I've ever seen.
Better off eating out so You would have to budget that in, or spend a bit more and stay at another resort along the hotel zone in Ixtapa.

1  Thank Rob L

Dear Rob L
We thank you very much, for having chosen us for taking your vacation in Ixtapa- Zihuatanejo and it was not wrong as we have the best location with the largest property in the El Palmar bye with the best sunset. It is very pleasant to walk in the 38 thousand square meters of the property, in the pools, in our restaurants, green areas, the warmth of our people and especially our wonderful weather.
I am sad to read your comments about the buffet lunch and dinner, I would like you to know that all our kitchen people work with love and passion following the highest standards of hygiene of the distinctive “H” that we approved every year which implies using products of freshness and quality.
Have the confidence that we will reinforce this topic with all the team. Again I thank you and I congratulate you for having visited us and we are waiting for you very soon on your next visit.
Bernard Verones / General Manager

Reviewed 10 February 2018

First the positives:great location on the beach. Close to shops and resturants. Very friendly staff. 2 bottles of water where left in the room everyday. Some rooms had coffee pots. Rooms and grounds were clean. The rooms had upgraded bathrooms and were repainted.. Bars and resturants were well staffed.Felt safe everywhere.
Now for the suggestions to improve: prior to the change to the Holiday Inn, there was wait service at the pool and bar. Now there isnt any wait service. That will be a reason for me not to return. You aren't allowed to bring food to the beach anymore. At times, there was jugs of fresh water to fill up on, but it wasn't consistent. I would recommend coffee service in the lobby also. The food was just ok, especially on the evening buffet. The breakfast buffet was good with fresh omelates and fruit. They could have had 2 cooks making omelets due to the demand.
Overall, the week was great with good friends and good weather.

Room tip: Superior pool view includes a view of the ocean. Very acceptable vs paying extra for an ocean view
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank laurajMinnesota

Dear Nice week in Ixtapa

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Especially now that service standards have changed to a self-service concept. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.
Thanks again for your suggestions.